No announcement yet.

Lets Save Lucy - 63 Lark -needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucy is safe.. I'm going to try and squeak around the hoa and keep the garage locked down tight till the car is done. I guess worst case scenario I fing a friend who will let me park it under a tarp. at their place. When it came time to actually sell the parts, I just couldn't do it.

Comment

Way to go. I hope to see Lucy all back together cruisin' the streets soon. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
      '59 Scotsman
      '63 Daytona
      Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

Way to go. I hope to see Lucy all back together cruisin' the streets soon. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

you and me both. I have a lead on a good parts car that can donate the stuff i need for Lucy. Lets see what happens.

Comment

you and me both. I have a lead on a good parts car that can donate the stuff i need for Lucy. Lets see what happens.

Comment

What do you actually NEED to make "Lucy" run for registration? I would
              figure that with the member base that exists on this forum, we could
              get together at a reasonable cost, what you NEED to Git R Dun!

How about editing this post to "Save Lucy! - 63 Lark needs help" and
              lets get some participation going. I have Hawk parts, and V8 parts,
              and assorted stuff. I am near Central California, in Santa Barbara,
              North County. Figure out what you NEED - lets make the club work!

Tom
              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

What do you actually NEED to make "Lucy" run for registration? I would
                figure that with the member base that exists on this forum, we could
                get together at a reasonable cost, what you NEED to Git R Dun!

How about editing this post to "Save Lucy! - 63 Lark needs help" and
                lets get some participation going. I have Hawk parts, and V8 parts,
                and assorted stuff. I am near Central California, in Santa Barbara,
                North County. Figure out what you NEED - lets make the club work!

Tom
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I cant offer parts or storage, but I know what you are trying to do and I am with you in spirit if nothing else. I wish you the best of luck!

Randy_G
                  1959 Lark Sedan
                  www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

I cant offer parts or storage, but I know what you are trying to do and I am with you in spirit if nothing else. I wish you the best of luck!

Randy_G
                    1959 Lark Sedan
                    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

OK, on Toms advice, here is the list of parts Lucy needs in order to get back on the road. She needs a windshield, windshield and backglass seals, fuel filler pipe, right hood hinge, bumpers front and rear, seats, ignition switch/door locks with keys, starter, alternator, voltage regulator, water pump, right hood hinge steering column (shaft is bent) brakes have to be gone through, I have all new metal lines and wheel bearings. Not sure about the tranny(no signs of leakage and fluid is bright red and no burnt smell) or rear end yet. Can the headliner be installed after the windshield/backglass? Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

OK, on Toms advice, here is the list of parts Lucy needs in order to get back on the road. She needs a windshield, windshield and backglass seals, fuel filler pipe, right hood hinge, bumpers front and rear, seats, ignition switch/door locks with keys, starter, alternator, voltage regulator, water pump, right hood hinge steering column (shaft is bent) brakes have to be gone through, I have all new metal lines and wheel bearings. Not sure about the tranny(no signs of leakage and fluid is bright red and no burnt smell) or rear end yet. Can the headliner be installed after the windshield/backglass? Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Ok I have a 62 Lark 4 door parts car. I'll take pictures of it today and post for you. Anything on it you need that will work you pay for shipping I'll pull off and send to you. Hopefully parts will work on yours.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                          1957 Silverhawk
                          1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                          Gus 1958 Transtar
                          1955 President State
                          Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                          Gus 1958 Transtar
                          The Prez 1955 President State
                          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                          Fresno,Ca

Comment

Ok I have a 62 Lark 4 door parts car. I'll take pictures of it today and post for you. Anything on it you need that will work you pay for shipping I'll pull off and send to you. Hopefully parts will work on yours.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                            1957 Silverhawk
                            1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            1955 President State
                            Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            The Prez 1955 President State
                            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                            Fresno,Ca

Comment

Lucy's a six cylinder, right? I probably have some stuff off your list around here.

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Lucy's a six cylinder, right? I probably have some stuff off your list around here.

Miscreant adrift in
                                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                                1960 Larkvertible V8
                                1958 Provincial wagon
                                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X