No announcement yet.

Lets Save Lucy - 63 Lark -needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how you think.. kinda been on that thought process myself. but not sure what i need to remove to make it not a car.

Comment

Definition of car:

A motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine

I'm thinking remove the wheels and motor and put them in the house. It's no longer a car.

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

I like how you think.. kinda been on that thought process myself. but not sure what i need to remove to make it not a car.
      Mark Anderson
      1965 Cruiser
      http://home.alltel.net/anderm
      Home of the Cruiser Registry

Comment

Definition of car:

A motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine

I'm thinking remove the wheels and motor and put them in the house. It's no longer a car.

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

Mark Anderson
        1965 Cruiser
        http://home.alltel.net/anderm
        Home of the Cruiser Registry

Comment

"Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

"Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Wow.. that would be some mondo disassembly. If i took the rear axle off.. could call it the hulks wheelbarrow.. lol

Comment

Wow.. that would be some mondo disassembly. If i took the rear axle off.. could call it the hulks wheelbarrow.. lol

Comment

I do not know about the statute law where you are located but we had a problem with a neighbor complaining about a early corvette that my husband was restoring. The city said if he did not remove it they would at our expense. He did move the vette. After some research, he put a big '36 gutted out, rusty 4-door sedan on our car trailer which was licensed and had a tag on it. He left that trailer and car in the front yard for 5 months until he got tried of looking at it. When the neighbor called the code officer she was told they could not do anything because the trailer was registered and the car on top was part of the trailer. It worked in Florida.

Pat - Avon Park, Fl.
                  '58 Packard Hawk

Comment

I do not know about the statute law where you are located but we had a problem with a neighbor complaining about a early corvette that my husband was restoring. The city said if he did not remove it they would at our expense. He did move the vette. After some research, he put a big '36 gutted out, rusty 4-door sedan on our car trailer which was licensed and had a tag on it. He left that trailer and car in the front yard for 5 months until he got tried of looking at it. When the neighbor called the code officer she was told they could not do anything because the trailer was registered and the car on top was part of the trailer. It worked in Florida.

Pat - Avon Park, Fl.
                    '58 Packard Hawk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hawkhunter-2

Pat - Avon Park, Fl.
                      '58 Packard Hawk
                      I like how your husband thinks, buy a trailer and sit Lucy on it heck use all-thread and bolt it to the trailer! When they say anything tell them its registered.

Randy_G
                      1959 Lark Sedan
                      www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hawkhunter-2

Pat - Avon Park, Fl.
                        '58 Packard Hawk
                        I like how your husband thinks, buy a trailer and sit Lucy on it heck use all-thread and bolt it to the trailer! When they say anything tell them its registered.

Randy_G
                        1959 Lark Sedan
                        www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

This is whats made me furious.. the car is in an enclosed garage and door is shut 99.9 percent of the time. Its not like its outside or anything...

Comment

This is whats made me furious.. the car is in an enclosed garage and door is shut 99.9 percent of the time. Its not like its outside or anything...

Comment

Get a screen for the garage. What they can't see won't hurt them. And I don't know of any law or by-laws that give access to a closed garage without a search warrant. Somehow I don't think a court will grant one based on a townhouse/condo by-law.

I'd also try to find out who made the complaint. Those by-laws can work both ways. Most by-laws restrict what can be placed outside, including flower pots, landscaping, etc. I have yet to see a little old lady that could resist planting her own plants [}].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1903.98)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Get a screen for the garage. What they can't see won't hurt them. And I don't know of any law or by-laws that give access to a closed garage without a search warrant. Somehow I don't think a court will grant one based on a townhouse/condo by-law.

I'd also try to find out who made the complaint. Those by-laws can work both ways. Most by-laws restrict what can be placed outside, including flower pots, landscaping, etc. I have yet to see a little old lady that could resist planting her own plants [}].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1903.98)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                                X