Lets Save Lucy - 63 Lark -needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob,
    Not sure where you are located, but, I registered my 52 ragtop (in Ca.) without the DMV seeing the car. I did have the guy that did our out of state cars verify the vin. Not sure about now, but AAA could also verify the vin.
    Here in the "Hoosier" state, a Police officer can and will verify the VIN. The first question they have always asked me is, "it's not going to come back as stolen, is it?" When I asked why, I was told "too much paperwork to get it towed away" <G>
    Check with your local AAA (if your a member) or have a Police Officer verify the vin.
    Hope this helps, I LIKE the "BITEME" plate idea!

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Bob,
      Not sure where you are located, but, I registered my 52 ragtop (in Ca.) without the DMV seeing the car. I did have the guy that did our out of state cars verify the vin. Not sure about now, but AAA could also verify the vin.
      Here in the "Hoosier" state, a Police officer can and will verify the VIN. The first question they have always asked me is, "it's not going to come back as stolen, is it?" When I asked why, I was told "too much paperwork to get it towed away" <G>
      Check with your local AAA (if your a member) or have a Police Officer verify the vin.
      Hope this helps, I LIKE the "BITEME" plate idea!

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

um..checked on dmv website.. biteme is taken... The vin is 1/2 the problem.. the other half is getting the car operational.. I bought the car through a lien sale and never got the true title. Because it hasnt been registered in several years, a licensed vin verifier has to look at the car and in order to verify the car, it has to be complete with motor. I had the car towed to the dmv field office while the front clip was off the car. They refused to title it.

Comment

um..checked on dmv website.. biteme is taken... The vin is 1/2 the problem.. the other half is getting the car operational.. I bought the car through a lien sale and never got the true title. Because it hasnt been registered in several years, a licensed vin verifier has to look at the car and in order to verify the car, it has to be complete with motor. I had the car towed to the dmv field office while the front clip was off the car. They refused to title it.

Comment

i am so sorry about that. i wish i could have helped...

rusty could be made to run in about 30 minutes, sure there are holes you could throw a cat though but hey plate and operational is the requirements we could call it getting even..

he could you park lucy in your yard put flowers all around her and claim she is yard art???????????

there is a loop hole some where. give me the names and number of the people causing the problem i will talk to them

Erin Hays
            "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
            RZRECTD
            1961 Hawk
            1962 Lark
            1963 Wagonaire

Comment

i am so sorry about that. i wish i could have helped...

rusty could be made to run in about 30 minutes, sure there are holes you could throw a cat though but hey plate and operational is the requirements we could call it getting even..

he could you park lucy in your yard put flowers all around her and claim she is yard art???????????

there is a loop hole some where. give me the names and number of the people causing the problem i will talk to them

Erin Hays
              "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
              RZRECTD
              1961 Hawk
              1962 Lark
              1963 Wagonaire

Comment

Hi Rob I sent you an e-mail about a friend thats interested in your lark.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Hi Rob I sent you an e-mail about a friend thats interested in your lark.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Thanks David,
                    I got your email and sent one to him. I had one person offer me $100 for the car. Considering I have a front fender sold for $150... dont think i'll be entertaining anything less than the $300 i listed before.

Comment

Thanks David,
                      I got your email and sent one to him. I had one person offer me $100 for the car. Considering I have a front fender sold for $150... dont think i'll be entertaining anything less than the $300 i listed before.

Comment

Rob,considering what you've done to it i thought $300 was cheap.If i just didnt have this 53 in the works.I hope you and Bobby can work out a deal.Hes a perfectionist restoring his studes.hes got a 33 Rockne that was 396 points car at meet a couple years ago,a 39 street rod,a 32 rockne hes working on now,and a 60 wagon he just had tranny rebuilt and its got a running 259 with factory p/s.If he gets it you can be assured it will be done right.Opps , forgot hes got a 59 scotsman p/u too.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Rob,considering what you've done to it i thought $300 was cheap.If i just didnt have this 53 in the works.I hope you and Bobby can work out a deal.Hes a perfectionist restoring his studes.hes got a 33 Rockne that was 396 points car at meet a couple years ago,a 39 street rod,a 32 rockne hes working on now,and a 60 wagon he just had tranny rebuilt and its got a running 259 with factory p/s.If he gets it you can be assured it will be done right.Opps , forgot hes got a 59 scotsman p/u too.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

I'm not trying to be smart, but if you have the car partially disassembled and there is NO title and the DMV won't title it IS IT STILL A CAR??? With a little more dissasembly on your part (take the parts in the house), I can see how you can temporarily turn it into a storage bin with wheels. Lot of storage bins have wheels!
                            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I'm not trying to be smart, but if you have the car partially disassembled and there is NO title and the DMV won't title it IS IT STILL A CAR??? With a little more dissasembly on your part (take the parts in the house), I can see how you can temporarily turn it into a storage bin with wheels. Lot of storage bins have wheels!
                              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I like how you think.. kinda been on that thought process myself. but not sure what i need to remove to make it not a car.

Comment

Working...
                                X