Rust Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust Repair

The fenders of my 65 Commander is rusting throught and I hear it is a common malaidy for that year. Does anyone know if there are repair panels (outer and inner supports etc.) or whatever the repair procedure.
    Thank You, foltz

Welcome to the forum!

SASCO still has NOS front fenders for your car in stock. Here is the link:

http://www.studeparts.com/

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

SASCO still has NOS front fenders for your car in stock. Here is the link:

http://www.studeparts.com/

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

As Leonard says, Dennis has them new. Far cheaper than you trying to do any type of repair on yours (unless you have loads of free time and like to frustrate yourself).

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

As Leonard says, Dennis has them new. Far cheaper than you trying to do any type of repair on yours (unless you have loads of free time and like to frustrate yourself).

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Welcome, Foltz. Having a '64-'66 Lark-type car has it's definite advantages. These were the cars going down the assembly lines when both plants closed. As a result, most sheet metal and a good bit of trim is still available. Sasco is your best bet on the sheet metal. There are also other vendors that carry different bits and pieces as well.

I'd suggest getting the service/parts manuals, either reproduction paper or on CD-Rom. Most, if not all the vendors catalog their stuff by the OEM part number and having that available will save you some time. The supplement for the '65 and '66 cars are only available as a paper manual. You'll also need the '59-'64 manuals too.

Again, welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1903.98)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Welcome, Foltz. Having a '64-'66 Lark-type car has it's definite advantages. These were the cars going down the assembly lines when both plants closed. As a result, most sheet metal and a good bit of trim is still available. Sasco is your best bet on the sheet metal. There are also other vendors that carry different bits and pieces as well.

I'd suggest getting the service/parts manuals, either reproduction paper or on CD-Rom. Most, if not all the vendors catalog their stuff by the OEM part number and having that available will save you some time. The supplement for the '65 and '66 cars are only available as a paper manual. You'll also need the '59-'64 manuals too.

Again, welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1903.98)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
              X