Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Show Quality Upholstery

Are these people still in existance?...www.phantomstudebakers.com

I believe all their stuff went to Starlight Studebaker.....I'm waiting on some NOS interior stuff from them now...

Comment

Southeast Studebaker LLC seems to be the survivor Co. they are in Turning Wheels.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Does anybody do "Show Quality" interiors...such as Phantom did?...

Well, upon further digging at the Southeast Studebaker Web Site, it appears that Starlight WAS the original Phantom Auto Works...DOH! There was a gentleman a few years back who also did Studebaker interiors...Historic Automotive. Is he still around? Actually, I could use a list of ALL the Studebaker upholstery makers. Any help here?...
        Last edited by 345 DeSoto; 07-25-2013, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
          Does anybody do "Show Quality" interiors...such as Phantom did?...
          As someone else said, contact Southeast Studebaker LLC. They were the original Phantom, who sold out to the other Phantom, but quietly continued to make interiors, in much less volume. Now that the other Phantom has gone out of business, the original Phantom is now once again the monopoly for "Show Quality", i.e. "factory correct" interiors for Studebaker. Though there are other, quality interior makers around, Phantom remains the gold standard in the Studebaker world.

Problem with the original Phantom before was, it took 1+ years to fill an order. However, I ordered a set of GT carper from them a couple of years ago, and got it in a week or so. But I understand much of their work is now outsourced. If outsourced, that's OK with me, since the carpet I received was per their usual, high standard of excellence.

I just hope the order-ship time does not go through the roof again, now that they are once again the monopoly.

Comment

There is Jim Lawrence @ FBN Upholstery he's in West Virginia. Here are a couple of photos of the work he did on my '63 Crusier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1130057.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1683006 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1130049.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1683007

Mike

Comment

have you tried slick street stuff.. they have an ad in turning wheels. rene was once the owner of phantom ...I believe they do original
              type studebaker upholstery...

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
                There was a gentleman a few years back who also did Studebaker interiors...Historic Automotive. Is he still around?
                Yes he's still around, but I don't think he's in business anymore.
                We know him as 'JDP' here on the Forum.

StudeDave '57
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I'm also now looking for upholstery, and if I can find original type, that would be fantastic! I'm not scared of spending $1k either.
                  www.spannerbird.com
                  Coral/Beige 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spannerbird View Post
                    I'm also now looking for upholstery, and if I can find original type, that would be fantastic! I'm not scared of spending $1k either.
                    Are you still planning on hot rodding it? Or will it now be a stocker?

Comment

Trying to do more stock, something to keep the value high. That is unless I go mad, and want more power. hehehehe
                      www.spannerbird.com
                      Coral/Beige 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight.

Comment

1000.00 wil go a long way across the border in ole' Mehico. Good luck on a fine interior here for 1000 in the USA.
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by Spannerbird View Post
                          At current Phantom prices, $1000 may get you a set of seat covers. The last set of 56J seat covers I bought from Phantom was $850, about 11 years ago, and he wanted about $2600 for a complete interior kit. The last GT Hawkcarpet set around 2 years ago, was about $400.

Depending on you Stude model, figure on $2000-3000 for a complete interior set, or more if it is a Golden Hawk or Speedster.

Comment

Originally posted by 53 stude mod View Post
                            have you tried slick street stuff.. they have an ad in turning wheels. rene was once the owner of phantom ...I believe they do original
                            type studebaker upholstery...
                            Slick Street Stuff is one & the same as Southeast Studebaker LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by M15 Trucker View Post
                              There is Jim Lawrence @ FBN Upholstery he's in West Virginia. Here are a couple of photos of the work he did on my '63 Crusier.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26111[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]26112[/ATTACH]

Mike
                              Wow, that looks great (and "correct"). Looks like Southeast Studebaker may be about to encounter some serious competition!

Comment

Working...
                              X