Drivers Club??? Let's talk mileage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers Club??? Let's talk mileage!

The main reason I joined SDC is the fact that it is a DRIVERS CLUB(and I like old cars!) I have an idea of the average age of members, now I wanna know something about driving habits and vehicles.
    Studebaker Model(Car & Engine/Trans.),Year,& Mileage (& miles you personally have put on it)-Thanks Dan
    Me,I won't have my LARK till next weekend.

Dallas,Texas

All right, I'll start, although I'm not a particularly prolific driver...

'62 Lark Daytona HT, 289/4speed, 24K original miles (currently with thrashed clutch) maybe 1000 miles put on by me? Speedo has been disconnected for a while as it howls.

'55 Commander coupe (C3) 289/flighto, who knows how many miles? showing 60Kish of which appx. four miles were put on by me since convincing the car to not catch fire when I try to drive it. (was having several fluid retention issues.) Hopefully will put a few more miles on tomorrow

Sad thing is, I've probably logged more Stude miles in JDP's cars than my own. 'course that's also a good thing, those were miles I wouldn't have if he didn't let me drive his stuff every now and then!

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

All right, I'll start, although I'm not a particularly prolific driver...

'62 Lark Daytona HT, 289/4speed, 24K original miles (currently with thrashed clutch) maybe 1000 miles put on by me? Speedo has been disconnected for a while as it howls.

'55 Commander coupe (C3) 289/flighto, who knows how many miles? showing 60Kish of which appx. four miles were put on by me since convincing the car to not catch fire when I try to drive it. (was having several fluid retention issues.) Hopefully will put a few more miles on tomorrow

Sad thing is, I've probably logged more Stude miles in JDP's cars than my own. 'course that's also a good thing, those were miles I wouldn't have if he didn't let me drive his stuff every now and then!

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      62 Daytona hardtop
      http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Okay, 1965 Cruiser. Bought earlier this year with a bit over 52000. Now showing 56000. Daily driver. Automatic with McKinnon 6.

Comment

Okay, 1965 Cruiser. Bought earlier this year with a bit over 52000. Now showing 56000. Daily driver. Automatic with McKinnon 6.

Comment

Originally I had intended to only drive these part time. My other wheels dying forced me into driving the blue witch daily. She has never forgiven me. I had Caddies previously and changed to Studies because of parts. You just can't get them for Caddies.

'62 Champ (Chump really) long bed. Couple of hundred miles no odo. I use it for Home Depot and hauling (trash, fire wood, etc...). Colour: robins egg blue.

'62 Champ short bed parts truck. Colour; rusty white

'64 Commander slide top wagon. About 500 miles. No odo on this one either. Also use for Home Depot. It's just fun to slide the roof and watch people stop and stare. Colour; baby sh-- brown.

'64 Commander Wagonaire (fixed top - Canadian The Blue Witch) 6k mi. This is the workhorse. It has a trailer hitch and I use it to bring the others home when they break down. It's currently broken down [u]again</u>. Colour; Silvery blue.

'62 Lark Regal. My Sweetpea. Couple of hundred miles. I had to rob the motor out of my Daytona wagon for this one. What a sweetheart to drive!!
            Colour: Metalic Green Poly (plus three colours of primer) and rust (and I do mean [u]rust</u>)

'63 Daytona Slide top wagon. Really rough, front clip off, engine stolen for sweetpea. Top of the line wagon for '63. It has good floors and the interior is almost complete. Nice car needs tons of work. Colour: originally metalic Gold Poly. Now; Cream and white with rusty highlights.

'52 Commander sedan. Missed my favourite year by one. Very frumpy car. Suicide doors lots of rust (surface mostly) interior excellent. Engine dead. Colour; lime green with rusty highlights. By the way, know of anyone who wants this one????? It needs a good home.

Lotsa Larks!
            Studeclunker
            A.K.A: out2lunch
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally I had intended to only drive these part time. My other wheels dying forced me into driving the blue witch daily. She has never forgiven me. I had Caddies previously and changed to Studies because of parts. You just can't get them for Caddies.

'62 Champ (Chump really) long bed. Couple of hundred miles no odo. I use it for Home Depot and hauling (trash, fire wood, etc...). Colour: robins egg blue.

'62 Champ short bed parts truck. Colour; rusty white

'64 Commander slide top wagon. About 500 miles. No odo on this one either. Also use for Home Depot. It's just fun to slide the roof and watch people stop and stare. Colour; baby sh-- brown.

'64 Commander Wagonaire (fixed top - Canadian The Blue Witch) 6k mi. This is the workhorse. It has a trailer hitch and I use it to bring the others home when they break down. It's currently broken down [u]again</u>. Colour; Silvery blue.

'62 Lark Regal. My Sweetpea. Couple of hundred miles. I had to rob the motor out of my Daytona wagon for this one. What a sweetheart to drive!!
              Colour: Metalic Green Poly (plus three colours of primer) and rust (and I do mean [u]rust</u>)

'63 Daytona Slide top wagon. Really rough, front clip off, engine stolen for sweetpea. Top of the line wagon for '63. It has good floors and the interior is almost complete. Nice car needs tons of work. Colour: originally metalic Gold Poly. Now; Cream and white with rusty highlights.

'52 Commander sedan. Missed my favourite year by one. Very frumpy car. Suicide doors lots of rust (surface mostly) interior excellent. Engine dead. Colour; lime green with rusty highlights. By the way, know of anyone who wants this one????? It needs a good home.

Lotsa Larks!
              Studeclunker
              A.K.A: out2lunch
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I drive Cadbury, my 65 Commander 6cyl, every day, usually around 40 miles. I'd guess I put on around 10 k last year. It's missing the speedometer cable, so there's no odometer. [8D] I'll most likeley be driving it to Spokane, and then to L.A. this year.

Comment

I drive Cadbury, my 65 Commander 6cyl, every day, usually around 40 miles. I'd guess I put on around 10 k last year. It's missing the speedometer cable, so there's no odometer. [8D] I'll most likeley be driving it to Spokane, and then to L.A. this year.

Comment

I've had other studebakers I've driven quite a bit, but I don't have any of them currently.

currently have:
                    59 lark, 259 w/ FOM from hell transmission (its been apart 3 times before it worked). So far driven the length of my driveway times 4.... But that should soon change as I have applied for insurance and a plate.

Kent Fedor

Comment

I've had other studebakers I've driven quite a bit, but I don't have any of them currently.

currently have:
                      59 lark, 259 w/ FOM from hell transmission (its been apart 3 times before it worked). So far driven the length of my driveway times 4.... But that should soon change as I have applied for insurance and a plate.

Kent Fedor

Comment

Dan,
                        I've had my '59 Lark since '91. When I bought it, it had around 28,000 miles on the odometer. Now, I'm at 34000. I usually drive it between 500 and 700 miles per season. It's got a 90 hp six (Champion) with automatic. Leisurely acceleration to say the least.
                        Rog
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Dan,
                          I've had my '59 Lark since '91. When I bought it, it had around 28,000 miles on the odometer. Now, I'm at 34000. I usually drive it between 500 and 700 miles per season. It's got a 90 hp six (Champion) with automatic. Leisurely acceleration to say the least.
                          Rog
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

After doing alittle back tracking and tracing the history of the 1960 Lark wagon I bought, it has 112,346 miles on it! I still have not found which dealer it came from and I plan to order a build sheet from the Studebaker Museum. I am the 4th(and Last) owner.

Dallas,Texas

Comment

After doing alittle back tracking and tracing the history of the 1960 Lark wagon I bought, it has 112,346 miles on it! I still have not found which dealer it came from and I plan to order a build sheet from the Studebaker Museum. I am the 4th(and Last) owner.

Dallas,Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X