another swap meet find in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another swap meet find in Colorado

I got to the Colorado Springs meet on Monday afternoon. Our club president, Frank Smith came in on Sunday so he could hit the swap meet early. He said he wanted to get in on the good stuff before it disappeared. I asked Frank to look for a new door handle for my R series truck as mine was severely "care worn". Frank found two of them in good used condition and then went over to the SI room to see if they had a NOS one. They didn't and Frank went straight back to the vender to get me one of the two he just saw. He said he was clear across the room and could see someone looking at the same handles. That guy bought one of them and Frank got there in time to get the second. Thanks Frank, I've been looking for one for years.

After we got home from the meet at about 10:30 Saturday night, before I went to bed, the new handle was on my truck. I was looking closely at it today and saw a little paint overspray on the handle. Much to my surprise, the color matches my truck! What are the chances of that? I think I'll leave it on it.

doorHandle.jpg
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

You never asked me!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It sure pays to get to the International early , I found a used radio installation kit for a R series that was relatively cheap . I know that wouldn't have been there mid week.
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
      X