1964 Studebaker Daytona project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Studebaker Daytona project

This ad was sent to our club president. I had called about the car last fall, listed on C/L locally, but the photos were horrible. I don't know if it's worth $3100, but it at least appears to be worth the amount more so with these photos.
    When I spoke to the woman who owns the car, her husband restored cars, had this in storage since the 70s, iirc, maybe 1980s and it ran when parked. He has passed and she is trying to sell the cars he had accumulated.
    For someone with experience, this doesn't appear to be too scary a project, based on the photos, imo. Someone want to find this baby a new home?

I'm having trouble uploading the pdf file with the photos onto the forum for some reason. It's a moderately faded Jet Green car, cloth/vinyl seats, front seats fine, small rips in the rear seat. 259 engine, A/C, 16K miles, dual exhausts (definitely need replacing), straight body, no obvious rust. I will try again tomorrow when it's not as late. The pdf is the appraisers' file on the car and their reasons for their $3100 valuation.

I may more easily attach the pdf file to an email if someone is interested in following up with the car.

Isn't there a way to cut the JPEG Pictures from the PDF and save and post them?
    Then just "Copy" the text from the DOC and "Paste" them in a Forum Post.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/3827679741.html

Is this the one in question?

Comment

Originally posted by Skybolt View Post
        Yep, that's it and those are the better photos than were in the original ad. While I personally don't think it's worth 3 grand as a non runner, it still seems like it should be an easy project. I do hope it gets sold and is back on the road soon.

Comment

The A/C evaporator is missing. Without an idea about why it doesn't run, I can see the alternator isn't mounted. This is a $1000 car. Would you spend $3500 for Kelli's car or approximately $3000 for this? Based on the car, Kelli should get $6500...
          Last edited by Swifster; 07-12-2013, 09:48 PM.
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Yep I agree, a $1000.00 Car, that probably had Factory or Dealer installed Studebaker A/C and does have a Tinted W/S. It IS a Canadian built Daytona V8 4 Door and if it has always been in Eastern Nevada? (Dayton) it should be good and Dry, but not a $2800.00 Car without a running Engine.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

No idea where the car was before her husband bought it and I have no personal stake in the sale, other than wanting to get a solid, straight looking car back on the road by whoever can swing their deal on it.

Wow, $1000? I'd have thought closer to 2K, just because so much is there, but that's just my ignorance. I was thinking if I had Stude experience and a spare motor or parts laying around, my thought would be this seems like an easy daily driver to start up. Barring the A/C issues.

Like I said, this is an educational exercise to me, I have no connection with the vehicle other than the phone call 6 months ago to the owner.

Comment

Leo, my Daytona was $800 without an engine in it. And it came from Lake Tahoe (no rust). With the A/C open, most if not all will probably need to be replaced. And with it being a 4-dr, I'd use it for parts.
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Oh well. Fortunately, not my sale to need to go through.

Comment

Working...
                  X