Studebaker Speedster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Speedster

Not that I don't have enough on my plate already, but I keep seeing stuff on Model T speedsters. I have to look again, but there is even a competition (race?) where you run what you brung, but every thing has to be 1928 or older. Obviously there are a lot more
    Model T's than Studebakers of that period. Also, I'm sure the cost of parts varies too. I know the Antique Studebaker Club would probably have more info, but as I'm just gauging the feasibility of doing something like this. What say you...
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

There is a race up here for Ts called "The Montana 500" run on public highways in the state. Since Ts are incapable of exceeding the speed limits, they can run flat out for 500 miles or until something breaks.

http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/mont...onrefresh.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_500

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

I saw that. I was looking at the rules and they are very restrictive.
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The rules are restrictive to keep it fun and affordable. Otherwise, you'd have someone showing up with a $100,000 engine; a T block with a DOHC head, 5-main-bearing billet crank, forged pistons and rods - yes, it's been done.

FWIW, a friend here in Spokane is maybe one of the world's best Model T rebuilders. He says T horsepower is the most expensive in the hobby. T racers spend more to gain each additional horsepower and make it live than the Chevy LS guys spend for the next 100 horses.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Working...
        X