No announcement yet.

10 worst cars of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This very interesting thread made me want to add my twopenny's worth.

I had a '65 Corvair convertible that (to me) was absolutely beautiful and FUN to drive.

Back when the Esel came out, a GM designer was heard to say -

"For years we've been designing cars with the long, lean phallic look. Now along come this Edsel with a grill that looks like a ..."

John Larkin
    Speaking of Studebakers
    Mid-Missouri SDC

Comment

• This very interesting thread made me want to add my twopenny's worth.

I had a '65 Corvair convertible that (to me) was absolutely beautiful and FUN to drive.

Back when the Esel came out, a GM designer was heard to say -

"For years we've been designing cars with the long, lean phallic look. Now along come this Edsel with a grill that looks like a ..."

John Larkin
      Speaking of Studebakers
      Mid-Missouri SDC

Comment

• Ethel.

Studedude1961
        --1963 Cruiser

Comment

• Ethel.

Studedude1961
          --1963 Cruiser

Comment

• What would happen if a Bullet Nose hit an Edsel head on?[:I]

Is that where the Nash Metropolitian came from??

Tom

quote:Originally posted by whizzo
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

• What would happen if a Bullet Nose hit an Edsel head on?[:I]

Is that where the Nash Metropolitian came from??

Tom

quote:Originally posted by whizzo
              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by sbca96

What would happen if a Bullet Nose hit an Edsel head on?[:I]
                Looks like it hit hard enough to move the steering wheel to the other side!

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by sbca96

What would happen if a Bullet Nose hit an Edsel head on?[:I]
                  Looks like it hit hard enough to move the steering wheel to the other side!

Comment

• Bob, speaking of Audis, we know they got a deservedly bad reputation for reliability and quality control issues, but they like other lemons, could be fine cars once you got the issues sorted out.

I've seen Audi 5000s with the differential gears piled up, apparently a sufficiently common problem that used ones were simply unavailable.

But an Audi, even a cheap one like an Audi Fox, is simply a GREAT car to drive, when it works. They really are a driver's car. I helped a friend maintain an Audi Fox wagon for several years, and it was a blast to drive. Even though it shares its engine with the VW Rabbit, the two cars are totally unlike in they way they drive.

Audi really missed the boat, IMHO. If they had fixed the reliability and QC issues in the Fox line, they could have blown Honda and Toyota outof the water.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

• Bob, speaking of Audis, we know they got a deservedly bad reputation for reliability and quality control issues, but they like other lemons, could be fine cars once you got the issues sorted out.

I've seen Audi 5000s with the differential gears piled up, apparently a sufficiently common problem that used ones were simply unavailable.

But an Audi, even a cheap one like an Audi Fox, is simply a GREAT car to drive, when it works. They really are a driver's car. I helped a friend maintain an Audi Fox wagon for several years, and it was a blast to drive. Even though it shares its engine with the VW Rabbit, the two cars are totally unlike in they way they drive.

Audi really missed the boat, IMHO. If they had fixed the reliability and QC issues in the Fox line, they could have blown Honda and Toyota outof the water.

Comment

• Hallo Gord,

Very few things can blow a Toyota out of the water.
                        On our continent the Hilux and Land Cruiser are
                        the benchmark for all other vehicles.

Regards,
                        Peet

PS. Land Rovers are my first choice for worst car

Comment

• Really?? Bringing forward a thread that's over 4 and a half years old?? Now THERE'S how to create some confusion!
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Just shows you that people do read the forums. and what is written never goes away.
                            Personally, I'd rather see an old thread revisited than see the same thread re-re-re-started for the umpteenth time.
                            I learned a little about the mindset in South Africa from his reply...
                            You never know, I guess...
                            Jeff

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                            Really?? Bringing forward a thread that's over 4 and a half years old?? Now THERE'S how to create some confusion!
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                            X