No announcement yet.

Update on muscling up a 55 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Allen. I have an S.I. accessory overflow bottle kit, but I'll be darned if I know where to put it. I like the bumper support idea. See you Friday. Hopefully Paul will be able to take off tomorrow afternoon. He's following in the chase car. Cheers, Kerry. We'll be flying the flag!
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Good luck to you Dave, I've been following the whole story. I agreee with Kerry, one pass is gotta be worth whatever it takes.

Comment

Good luck Dave!
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Lube, Oil and filter then pack, find Paul (55s), and head out on the highway. Thanks guys. See you in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
            Lube, Oil and filter then pack, find Paul (55s), and head out on the highway. Thanks guys. See you in the USA.
            Hope all goes well! I've enjoyed "watching" you prepare for the trip/event. Keep us posted!!
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Done!!!! Found out the car will do 18.04. Found out I don't know what I'm doing at a drag race, but learned a few things. Car is running so well (thanks to the SDC crew at the races) I won't want to put her away for the winter. I would not hesitate to do this again next year. We need a few more early Studes at the races. I recommend the experience to anyone who has the inclination.

Comment

Dave , I can imagine the fun you had and especially not having something embarrassing happen on your 1st year there makes you want to go back and try to improve your times. You should be proud......way to go !
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks, Bob. Slept like a log after getting home. By this time next year I'll be hungry, again. Getting into the 17s would be respectable. I'm only 3 seconds away from the real contenders

Comment

Congratulations Dave. I have really enjoyed following your adventure. Be careful, making passes down the drag strip can become addictive, almost as much as having a Studebaker. I salute you for getting out there. I hope others with "high performance" vehicles of that era will join you. I am sure there is a track somewhere near you that has a weekly "grudge race" night. Those are a lot of fun and usually not at all expensive. A great place to hone your skills.
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Congrats on your upgrading and dragging adventure. I have been reading your posts. Glad you enjoyed the drags, please put it away before the snow falls, you know how snow and salt stimulate the breeding of "metal termites".
                      sigpic
                      55 President Deluxe
                      64 Commander
                      66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Congrats on the whole deal. Glad your catching the bug.
                        Most local track have a Test 'n Tune day or night in the schedule.
                        Our optimum times here in Florida are coming up now. (Too hot, too humid, in
                        the summer ).
                        Your car looks great .
                        Bill H
                        Daytona Beach
                        SDC member since 1970
                        Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Working...
                        X