Grill damaged in shipping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grill damaged in shipping.

I got very excited seeing the UPS man coming tore into my box and the grill must have been dropped. chrome was cracked and lip bent.My 1961 studebaker hawk chrome was almost complete and now I have to meet with the UPS agent. How much is this grill worth? should I recoupe the chroming cost as well? How much should I ask for total?

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

Well, as NOS Hawk grille sold on eBay a while back for a little north of $1K, so... [)]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

Well, as NOS Hawk grille sold on eBay a while back for a little north of $1K, so... [)]

Matthew Burnette
      '59 Scotsman
      '63 Daytona
      Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

last one i sold was nice but not perfect went for 175 on ebay. i got two more if you need 1

Erin Hays
        "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
        RZRECTD
        1961 Hawk
        1962 Lark
        1963 Wagonaire

Comment

last one i sold was nice but not perfect went for 175 on ebay. i got two more if you need 1

Erin Hays
          "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
          RZRECTD
          1961 Hawk
          1962 Lark
          1963 Wagonaire

Comment

Another UPS snafu...
            They preach that your package must be able to survive a 15 foot drop (because of their automated sorting equipment).
            Take a 20 pound piece of pot metal (your Hawk grille)and stuff it in a box and go throw it out the second story window.
            How'd it do?
            This is what they (UPS) expects from your packer.
            Even if you purchased optional insurance, it usually only covers loss, and not damage.
            Damage claims can take months with them.
            I'd go for the whole boat.
            You'll end up paying $500+ to have a Hawk cast grille rechromed. Jerry Forrester could give you a quote.
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studelover

I got very excited seeing the UPS man coming tore into my box and the grill must have been dropped. chrome was cracked and lip bent.My 1961 studebaker hawk chrome was almost complete and now I have to meet with the UPS agent. How much is this grill worth? should I recoupe the chroming cost as well? How much should I ask for total?

Studebakers forever!
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Another UPS snafu...
              They preach that your package must be able to survive a 15 foot drop (because of their automated sorting equipment).
              Take a 20 pound piece of pot metal (your Hawk grille)and stuff it in a box and go throw it out the second story window.
              How'd it do?
              Even if you purchased optional insurance, it usually only covers loss, and not damage.
              You'll end up paying $500+ to have a Hawk cast grille rechromed. Jerry Forrester could give you a quote.
              Jeff[8D]

Studebakers forever!
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I am not at the shop today so I am working from memory,(that's dangerous) the GT grill surround is about $300 and the '56-61's are in the $200 range

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Another UPS snafu...
                How'd it do?
                Jeff[8D]

Studebakers forever!
                Jerry Forrester
                Be sure to check out my eBay store
                http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
                for your shiny Stude stuff.

Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I am not at the shop today so I am working from memory,(that's dangerous) the GT grill surround is about $300 and the '56-61's are in the $200 range

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Another UPS snafu...
                  How'd it do?
                  Jeff[8D]

Studebakers forever!
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Be sure to check out my eBay store
                  http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
                  for your shiny Stude stuff.

Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Studebakers forever!

Comment

Studebakers forever!

Comment

Oh NO[V] not them[}]

Studebakers forever!
                        Studebakers forever!

Comment

Oh NO[V] not them[}]

Studebakers forever!
                          Studebakers forever!

Comment

I can't speak of their insurance, but I can attest to their Cust.
                            Service units, at least for me, have been great in getting packages
                            that are transit to be rescheduled and delivered at latter times
                            in the day, when the party will be able to sign for it!

If the vendor, who shipped my drive shaft, had packaged the rear
                            seal properly, rather than just taping it to the outside of the
                            packaging.....perhaps I wouldn't be ordering a new one from NAPA.
                            I'm not blaming UPS on this one....not really their fault!

There is always, "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".....

glen Brose
                            Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

I can't speak of their insurance, but I can attest to their Cust.
                              Service units, at least for me, have been great in getting packages
                              that are transit to be rescheduled and delivered at latter times
                              in the day, when the party will be able to sign for it!

If the vendor, who shipped my drive shaft, had packaged the rear
                              seal properly, rather than just taping it to the outside of the
                              packaging.....perhaps I wouldn't be ordering a new one from NAPA.
                              I'm not blaming UPS on this one....not really their fault!

There is always, "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".....

glen Brose
                              Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Working...
                              X