Lambrecht Chevrolet Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambrecht Chevrolet Auction

In case you missed it this is one auction for nostalgia buffs of the '60's with an emphasis on Chevrolet. The back story is a head scratcher... Small town Nebraska dealership ..Owner, wife and one employee ... closed in 96, Owners in their 90's finally decide to liquidate.... 489 vehicles including 50 with less than 30 miles.

Studes in the inventory include:
    12 Studebaker Champion 6 cyl flat head 3 tree 2 dr HT GI220582 80,000
    25 Studebaker 2 dr sedan 6IO60875 39,000
    126 Studebaker 49 4 dr suicide G491171 76,000

No indication of condition but the used cars likely have sat outside for all these years. Perhaps you can decode the serial numbers.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...WS01/130629862
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lambrecht-Chevrolet-auction-vintage-indoor-Chevy-storage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1739863http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...et-collection/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRFiSUH4gdQ

Several previous threads on this already.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I got a link to this from my uncle who lives in Omaha. Very interesting. Gotta love the Cameo pickup. I do not recall having seen this here before.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

If you bought a 50 year old vehicle that only had 6 miles on it - you are probably going to have to pull and go through everything. Anything that is rubber - mechanically wise - would be gone and I would even think things like the bearings in the rear that had not touched oil in that time might be toast as well.

Chances are, however, with that few miles on them, none will be driven. Simply put in a showroom for people to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
          I do not recall having seen this here before.
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ect-on-auction

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...mate-barn-find

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...lottery-ticket

I would bet that any forum remotely involving cars has been discussing this, especially for the last month or so. I know any I frequent sure has. This is going to be a BIG deal.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by mmagic View Post

Studes in the inventory include:
            12 Studebaker Champion 6 cyl flat head 3 tree 2 dr HT GI220582 80,000
            25 Studebaker 2 dr sedan 6IO60875 39,000
            126 Studebaker 49 4 dr suicide G491171 76,000

No indication of condition but the used cars likely have sat outside for all these years. Perhaps you can decode the serial numbers.
            No. 12 - is a 1953 Champion Starliner made in SB.
            No, 25 - number does not compute (at least for me) - even if I make it 61S or 61V.
            No. 126 - number is for a SB 1950 Champion (not a 49).
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Could number 25 be a G1060875?
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I went to a model airplane swap meet yesterday. I spent over $400 on planes and radios and accessories. I only had one item that I wanted to sell, and it was a rather large and powerful four cycle glo plug engine. I did sell it to a fella what took a fancy to it - but for less money than I'd hoped. Glo fuel has gotten to where it costs about $30 bucks a gallon! The model engine makers are now REVERTING to Gasoline-burning engines. Hey! Gasoline - at roughly $4 bucks a gallon - is CHEAP!
                Me? I've been flying Electric since the mid-70s. And back then - other flyers snickered at me 'cause "Electric" was for dweebs. Now - with the advent of Li-Po and Li-Fe batteries, any kind of combustion model motors and makers are feeling the disinterest. Electric power is starting to dominate in model aviation.

Up until about a decade ago, I was SURE I was one wise cookie in clinging to my Studes as daily drivers. And I STILL love them dearly to this day! But technology is gonna leave die-hards like me in the dust. I mean, seriously.... how many horse-drawn conveyances do you see in regular service these days? Think about it. Whether we like it or stubbornly ignore it - the world and it's technology are changing. So how would you like to be remembered - Stegosaurus, Tyranosaurus, Diplodocus???
                This auction won't be so much about low-mileage survivors as it is about museum pieces.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                  Could number 25 be a G1060875?
                  That assumption would make it a SB 1951 Champion.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I lived just 20 miles from this dealership. Back when these cars were new they basically were not for sale. He was strange old dude. If you tried to go over the fence where the trade in cars were located you might have shotgun pellets coming at you

Denny L

Comment

The Chrysler-Plymouth dealer in Beacon, NY (not the one there now) was similar on a less grand scale. I do not know about new cars (other than some that he had there that were two or three model years old), but he had many two to three year old trade-ins that he couldn't get his price for so they just sat there for years and years. I was friends with the owner's son, now long since deceased, and was allowed to check out the cars, but I was unable to buy any from the father, the dealership owner (I tried). I did buy one car that belonged to the owner's son, not the dealership, and one three year old trade-in when another friend was a salesman there.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                        I mean, seriously.... how many horse-drawn conveyances do you see in regular service these days?
                        While in South Bend and area last year, the Amish are still running around in horse-drawns. As are the Mennonites in Ontairio.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          No. 12 - is a 1953 Champion Starliner made in SB.
                          No, 25 - number does not compute (at least for me) - even if I make it 61S or 61V.
                          No. 126 - number is for a SB 1950 Champion (not a 49).
                          These are a copy paste from the auctioneers inventory sheet... I bet #25 Studebaker 2 dr sedan 6IO60875 39,000 s/b GI060875

Comment

Originally posted by mmagic View Post
                            These are a copy paste from the auctioneers inventory sheet... I bet #25 Studebaker 2 dr sedan 6IO60875 39,000 s/b GI060875
                            Refer to posts no's. 7 & 9.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                              Up until about a decade ago, I was SURE I was one wise cookie in clinging to my Studes as daily drivers. And I STILL love them dearly to this day! But technology is gonna leave die-hards like me in the dust. I mean, seriously.... how many horse-drawn conveyances do you see in regular service these days? Think about it. Whether we like it or stubbornly ignore it - the world and it's technology are changing. So how would you like to be remembered - Stegosaurus, Tyranosaurus, Diplodocus???
                              This auction won't be so much about low-mileage survivors as it is about museum pieces.
                              The fuel question is legitimate. I think what will retire many of our old cars will be the quality of the gasoline we can obtain. We will either need to replace our engines with modern ones or leave our rides at the local museum. I agree that may be where these cars are headed unless they are purchased by someone with lots of money and a wild desire to get them back on the road. Who knows?
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                              X