Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN-60
    replied
    The engine/ trans will fit onto the frame of the '53-'54 by using the '56 Golden Hawk front frame-to-engine mounts, and also using the '56 Golden Hawk 'batwing' crossmember. At that point though, You will run into big problems as the radiator will not be far enough 'forward' in it's stock position to clear this 4" longer engine. Also, the radiator would be way under capacity. There would also be a major problem to get the hood to close without adding an aftermarket 'scoop'. (The hood barely clears the smaller original Studebaker V8 as it is. Anything can be done.....but without using later ('56-up) Hawk front sheetmetal....this swap would definitely be a challenge!
    If You find that this parts car is a '57 Golden Hawk, that 289 Studebaker engine, with McCulloch Supercharger, CAN be swapped into a '53-'54 C/K without major issues. Good Hunting!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    If they went in a '56, the engine should bolt in.

Leave a comment:

• GThawkwind
    started a topic 352 in a 53/54(anyone done it?)

352 in a 53/54(anyone done it?)

I know of a possible lead on a rusty GH that a scrapper friend sold a while back, he says he thinks it's still with a relative who took over the land, and is overwelmed by all the cars. I plan to go out on a the car hunt this weekend to see if the place really exists. there is also supossedly a couple other studes out there. I was talking to my brother about and was saying how if the motor was still in the GH and had it's supercharger that it would be good for the 53. And how even if the motor was bad the SC setup might be savable yet. This car still ran when the scrappper friend sold it many years ago, but he said he had no clue whether or not it had a SC. While taLking to my brother I mentioned that it could maybe be a 56j, which would have no SC and a packard motor. He asked if I might still try and get that engine for the 53. Which made me think. While I would probably not attempt this it made me wonder if if anyone else has done this? I mean made a hot rod early C/K with a packard engine. Anyone know of one? It would be a neat way to go.
Working...
X