Photo shop wizz, please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo shop wizz, please help.

I was thinking a whole about my car back while hauling it home today. And an idea albeit possibly an awful one came to mind. I wonder what a 53 starlight would look like if you put sheetmetal over that back quarter windows, and I mean smooth it out so it's level with the fenders and the roof. Maybe if your good enough with photoshop even ad a gt500 style side scoop. This may look awful but I'm curious. I would also shave the drip rail moldings, or at least make them follow the door line so it looks like it always was that way. So if anyone good enough with photoshop wants to see how it would look, I would love to see it. I included a phot of a car I think could pull of this look, if the pic turns out to small here's the link where I found it http://speedkar.com/1953-studebaker-...*IMG_2635.jpg/
    Of course if your willing to do this you can use whatever photo you like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	collectorcarads.com*Picture1*IMG_2635.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1739041
    Oh and people who think this would look awful and I'm silly for even mentioning it. Don't worry I don't plan on doing this unless I really really liked the way it looked, I'm just curious.

Mock it up with some tape and cardboard. The picture may not translate into real life. Might take half an hour.

Comment

I've always thought that the quarter window on those + the vent-door on the front fenders are what REALLY makes it a Studebaker... so I would go for a hard-top instead!
      Just my own thoughts thou...

(& I really like that car the way it already loox!)

Comment

In the last six months or so one has appeared on this site that had the quarterwindows covered. From a car show. I think it was orange. General consensus here was it definitely was not an improvement to the car's looks.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I think the coupe side windows are just right. I miss 'em with the hardtop, but I'll drive mine as is.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I'm no whiz, but I spent 30 seconds and did this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	stude copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1680452

It is way too heavy for the car. Sounds to me like you're wanting it to look more like a GT Hawk.
            Dave Nevin
            Corvallis, OR
            1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
            Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

I have seen this mod done before and did not like the look.

Comment

Oh the humanity! Don't do that to a C/K.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Daniel, i agree with most all here - don't do it!

i hate to sound like a broken record but: get her to stop, run and drive before doing anything else, with as many of the parts that came with her as possible.

other than the normal reasons for doing this, if you still have your heart set on a GT - a running, etc. '53 C/K may practically pay for one.

if you decide to keep the '53 for at least "awhile" and still want to do some mods, do it after she's a driver.

now that you have her home, we need more pics!
                  Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Don't _____ with what God made.

The lines of the C/K series are classic, were decades ahead of their peers and to the low information voter could appear to have just rolled off the assembly line.

Unless you Would redesign Miss America with Botox and Silicone don't do it with a rare C/K Stude.

Comment

Originally posted by mmagic View Post
                      Unless you Would redesign Miss America with Botox and Silicone don't do it with a rare C/K Stude.
                      Hmm, that may not have been a good comparison mmagic! I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of those women in the Miss America Contest aren't sporting their "original equipment"........
                      Last edited by r1lark; 06-24-2013, 05:45 PM. Reason: grammer correction
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

I actually think I like my horribly photoshopped one better.
                          Dave Nevin
                          Corvallis, OR
                          1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                          Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Corvanti, this baby is a keeper, I don't plan to ever sell. Everyone one else don't worry I have no intenion of messing with perfection, I was just curious........ After looking at the one studedude posted it's exactly what I expected. I like it, but not as much as I like the stock look. I didn't even kind of plan to do it, just wondered what it would look like. As far as the body goes I plan to keep it stock, if I could afford it I would consider a gentlemens chop like Pat's cause that is the only body mod I've seen, that improves the look of the car. The only way this could look good was maybe with a hardtop and with a ton of shaping so it wasn't just a sheer drop off, and it stilll wouldn't look as good as it did. All the mods I have planned are simple bolt on bolt off ones only using stude parts. Don't worry.

Comment

I don't care for the modification, either... but, if Studebaker had made a business coupe in '53, this would be it, and collectors would be standing in line to get such a unique, rare car.

After all, it's no uglier than an earlier factory business coupe.
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                              X