Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEED HELP - Skyhawk

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NEED HELP - Skyhawk

    Bought this car out of Riverside California about a year ago.
    Looking to see if anyone knows anything about it.
    I'm trying to restore it back to it's original condition.

    Car is flat black with flames on hood. Click image for larger version

Name:	56 Hawk big.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1739023

  • #2
    Originally posted by beantown hawn View Post
    Bought this car out of Riverside California about a year ago.
    Looking to see if anyone knows anything about it.
    I'm trying to restore it back to it's original condition.

    Car is flat black with flames on hood. [ATTACH=CONFIG]24889[/ATTACH]
    Good luck with that project! The Sky Hawk is probably the best looking of all the '56-'64 C/K's!!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      From the resized (shrunk horizontally) poor Pics, all I can say is get rid of all the flame job and Custom Wheels to make it look original. Most of these looked very good in the most common paint scheme, which was Two-Tone with one being White.

      Does it have Studebaker 289 V8 Power as original? These are no doubt the rarest of the '56 to '64 Hawks.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

      Comment


      • #4
        Keep in mind, the above OPINION is just that. Customs are very welcome here. We don't all believe everything has to look just like it did when it left the factory decades ago. You and your car are welcome here!
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)




        Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          Keep in mind, the above OPINION is just that. Customs are very welcome here. We don't all believe everything has to look just like it did when it left the factory decades ago. You and your car are welcome here!
          Originally posted by beantown hawn View Post
          I'm trying to restore it back to it's original condition.
          That may be true but, I think this says it ALL, -no comment.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

          Comment


          • #6
            I have a Sky Hawk builder or parts car here at The Texas Studebaker Ranch
            https://www.studebakersite.com
            Barry'd in Studes

            Comment


            • #7
              That car sure looks like the one I sold at least 30 years ago. It was black with a red and black interior and auto trans. I sold it to a guy here in the LA area and lost track of it after that. Bud

              Comment


              • #8
                My memory is fading, the interior was red and white ,not black and red. Bud

                Comment


                • #9
                  If that car was mine I wouldn't re-paint the hood, I would get a new one & hang that one up on a wall, it's nostalgia! ...even if ugly.
                  I repainted a 70's show-car in the mid 90's but today I would've replaced & saved the hood & trunk-lid.
                  Good luck, nice model ! ! !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Go to the Studebaker National Museum site. There,you can order the original factory production order for your car,and it will tell you exactly how the car came out of the factory-[just about everything except outside color] And it will tell you where the car was shipped when it was new.
                    Oglesby,Il.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
                      it will tell you exactly how the car came out of the factory-[just about everything except outside color].
                      are you sure about that? seems i got the original exterior color on my production orders on the '40 & '51, and more info appears to be available on the later models. i don't have the P.O. in front of me, though...
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

                      '51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

                      '40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        To: beantown hawn,-----(Go Bruins!) If You do decide to restore the car to original condition...including factory 1956 colors....I'd like to suggest the following tu-tone combination to You: Sunglow Gold /Yellowstone. With the Yellowstone on the roof and below the side mouldings, and the Sunglow Gold 'down the middle'. It's a rarely seen factory paint combo that is 'Drop Dead Gorgeous' on the Sky Hawk!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          hmmmmm . I like the paint and wheels .................

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have a Sky Hawk and spent years working and researching it to be correct for a factory original. PM if you'd like info or pics. Have a great time with your project, I had a blast doing it and hope you do to.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Nox View Post
                              If that car was mine I wouldn't re-paint the hood, I would get a new one & hang that one up on a wall, it's nostalgia! ...even if ugly.
                              I repainted a 70's show-car in the mid 90's but today I would've replaced & saved the hood & trunk-lid.
                              Good luck, nice model ! ! !
                              I do not believe that you have tried to source a correct (one year only) 1956 Hawk hood lately.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

                              SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X