No announcement yet.

Who is Driving A Studebaker to Colorado Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parler is 40 minutes from the Springs. Take the back highway. I think it is hwy 85 verses 25. It is a beautiful drive from Parker.

Comment

58... I prefer taking I-25 @ 50 in the right lane with the Champ so I can laugh at gawkers driving in the ditch.

Last time I took the Champ to C Springs, as I was leaving the airport to come home the clutch pedal broke off at the pivot below the floor board. 50 miles without a clutch even on I-25 tests your driving skills.

Comment

We will be driving our 1957 GoldenHawk Stude powered with air to Colorado Springs with us will be 1950 Bulletnose Chevy powered with air. Gonna be a great Trip.
        Route 66 ,Grand Canyon ,four corners ,Mesa Verde,Durango, Montrose, Cannon City. According to missing the fires this was our best option.
        http://www.coloradodot.info/
        Will be keeping up to date on this site.
        Hope to see You all there.
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

(GARY, please ignore this)

Anne,

How old are the tires on your Golden Hawk? Just concerned for you and Dave's safety.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

3 years I think that when we built it
            Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

bringing 2 Avantis from California. one Stude. one newer. can't wait!
              1951 Custom
              1958 Packard Hawk < resto project
              1962 Champ
              1963 Standard R1 4 speed
              1963 Avanti R1
              1963 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
              2006 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Joe and I will be in his 98 Dodge pickup. He says it will be the 15th SDC International Meet trip for this truck. I would prefer a Studebaker, but since I don't have one that runs and I'm riding with him, I'll take what I can get. The bad part is that he is leaving at 10Pm Saturday night. I'll be there, but both of us will have worked that day.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
                  We are driving the 48 Business Coupe. 670 miles. We started our married life there 53 years ago. We lived at 16th and Colorado Ave. Which is now a Liquor Store.

I'm driving my '63 Cruiser there with two brand "X" chase cars and family following. We'll be leaving Monday early, taking the 412 to I-35 north and the I-70 west to Colorado Springs cutoff. Let me know if you want to travel with us.

Mike

Comment

Howard, be sure and bring along some tooth picks to keep you guys eye lids propped open.<GGG>
                    Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                    Joe and I will be in his 98 Dodge pickup. He says it will be the 15th SDC International Meet trip for this truck. I would prefer a Studebaker, but since I don't have one that runs and I'm riding with him, I'll take what I can get. The bad part is that he is leaving at 10Pm Saturday night. I'll be there, but both of us will have worked that day.
                    Frank van Doorn
                    Omaha, Ne.
                    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

To M15 Trucker. I plan on going 412 to Raton, NM then north on 25. That way I won't have to run 80 mph. We are also leaving monday morning about 4:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X