Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1961-66 Lark type; hydraulic clutch conversion thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961-66 Lark type; hydraulic clutch conversion thoughts?

Presently Studeless at the moment due to no money but things seem to be picking up slightly here.

Pondering getting another Lark type with a stick but would loooove to pitch that Rube Goldbergesque clutch linkage since I plan to swap in a non Stude motor. I plan to keep the original pedal though. Would a Camaro/Toyota, etc. clutch master work or would I be looking at a lot of fabbing?
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
    Presently Studeless at the moment due to no money but things seem to be picking up slightly here.

Pondering getting another Lark type with a stick but would loooove to pitch that Rube Goldbergesque clutch linkage since I plan to swap in a non Stude motor. I plan to keep the original pedal though. Would a Camaro/Toyota, etc. clutch master work or would I be looking at a lot of fabbing?
    I'd do a search in the tech forum. Junior has a good one on the under floor conversion w/T5, I'll be finishing mine up in a week or so w/T56in my Avanti with suspended pedals but I don't want to short anyone else that has posted either.

Do yourself a favor and swap in the complete engine/trans from the donor car w/hydraulic clutch as standard equipment and then you'll only need to figure out how to adapt the clutch pedal and possibly a clutch master cylinder.

You could consider a hydraulic TO bearing as later GM offerings had them as well as the aftermarket. Just depends on what you are going to install.

The biggest issue is getting the clutch pedal/clutch master cylinder stroke, size and volume correct.

Google is full of data on those variables.

Bob

Comment

Here's a good source for what you seek.

American Powertrain exists to help muscle car owners equip their cars with modern drivetrain technology, offering overdrive transmission systems, hydraulic clutch kits, and a wide range of drivetrain-related parts from differential to engine block. As the world's largest TREMEC dealer, we take pride in providing top-quality installation parts and systems made right here in America. Our team of highly experienced enthusiasts has years of expertise in assisting car owners and builders to make the perfect drivetrain choices for their vehicles.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
      X