Possibly selling my 64 Super hawk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly selling my 64 Super hawk.

Getting close to makeing the final decision,and testing the water.I'm only interested in people that are serious in buying such a car,and want to contact Me.I have no interest in tire kickers,and mostly any loud mouths with their negative comments so widely spread here!!! this is a full package R1 Super hawk with power shift. was last driven in 1982,needs complete restoration.does have some rust issues "what Studebaker does'nt" but certainly has potential.this car started life out West (lucky for the car) and came to the East coast in the 70s.just want to see what I'm up against if I commit ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

I normally assume that if you are a Studebaker owner you naturally have thicker skin than most other special interest car owners just to survive and therefore can withstand the nitpicking that does tend to pop up on this forum. Without sharing some photos, or throwing out a price the forum members response maybe relatively timid...remember that lots of us are near caso, or full-on caso. Perhaps a well presented ebay auction will really give you a more accurate litmus test of true market conditions...just a suggestion. cheers, Junior.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

eBay for the obvious reasons...

Comment

It'll depend on the condition of the car. That's really what will set the value and other people's desire.
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

You write about tire kickers and and loud comments from negative people but you put out very little info on such an amazing factory car from Studebaker ..
          Makes me wonder what this thread is really about .. ?? .. I agree with Junior that most Studebaker people have a very thick skin and if they didnt then they would be driving around in a chevrolet or ford .. Give the details and show some pics and you will get a value for that car from a whole lot of very experienced and level headed Studebkaer owners ... THe negative comments are just showing the flaws in the car and will relate in its final value .. Giving the forum people a "first crack" at the car gives it a good future if someone is to buy it ..
          Love my Lark

Comment

Hope your Studebaker finds a great new home.
            Thanks for tossing out here to the forum first.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Joe,

I remember asking about your Hawk a few years ago when I picked up the C Cab hood. What made you change your mind about selling it?

Bob
              sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
              1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
              1959 4E2 4spd, TT
              1963 8E28 GSA order
              1963 8E5 SOLD!
              1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Joe, how about posting a few pics of your Hawk
                sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                J.D.

Comment

Once again, Good Luck with that Joe!

Comment

Joe it is a bit unclear what you are asking. If you want to know if there is interest, there surely would be. However outside of the Studebaker world few even know what a Super Hawk even is. I have two '64 R series Hawks, an R1 not factory full package but is now, and an R2 full package. R2s get the most attention and money, R1s are great cars but just don't bring the money and if it needs restoration the bump over a standard issue will be there but not huge. As others have noted condition will dictate price regardless.
                    Dan White
                    64 R1 GT
                    64 R2 GT
                    58 C Cab
                    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                      Getting close to makeing the final decision,and testing the water.I'm only interested in people that are serious in buying such a car,and want to contact Me.I have no interest in tire kickers,and mostly any loud mouths with their negative comments so widely spread here!!! this is a full package R1 Super hawk with power shift. was last driven in 1982,needs complete restoration.does have some rust issues "what Studebaker does'nt" but certainly has potential.this car started life out West (lucky for the car) and came to the East coast in the 70s.just want to see what I'm up against if I commit ?

I know that there are times in our observations, when things get out of hand. For the most part, and I truly believe for most of us here, our observations are made and proffered in the spirit of helping prospective buyers or sellers. When someone brings a potential purchase here and asks for opinions, we tend to offer those opinions freely. All must know, though, that these are nothing more than OUR opinions. We each have our prejudices and preferences on all manner of cars, options, conditions and value. Failed attempts at humor, can sometimes be misconstrued as well.
                      For example, I've taken thousands of pictures of cars to be sold on ebay. I have learned through that experience to know how and where to shoot different model cars to showcase the attributes of each type of car or truck. Lighting, time of day, background, sunshine or shade can each have supporting or detrimental effects on the looks of the car being sold. I've been able to help a number of folks with ideas on how to better shoot their cars for an improved ad presentation.
                      Also, if I don't happen to like the "custom" bodywork on a car for sale, I will also comment. I believe it does the potential buyer a service. If that view becomes the consensus of the group as a whole, then perhaps we have done the buyer a great favor. Good luck on your sale. I hope it does well for you. I've sold a number of R Series Studebakers, GTs Avantis, Daytonas, so I know that you have a special car.
                      If you are able to stomach the occasional misguided remark, you will find this forum to be most advantageous in assessing the true value of your car. Many times we are able to steer the seller into small corrections and fixes that may very well enhance the sale price of the car.
                      sals54

Comment

Well said Dan White and Sals 54 ... I totally agree .. This forum has helped me in so many ways .. I have read some negative replys but it has been very few and mostly they have been squashed by the regular posters ... I would love to know and see more of this car ..
                        Love my Lark

Comment

I have asked for forum members comments in the past and have gotten answers of all kinds and good and bad , but if you are going to use the forum to ask for an option then expects every thing that comes with it, I know I have been there and have gotten answers from some of my best friends that hit me the hardest but it all comes with the territory, good luck with one of the best cars Studebaker build and one that more people want and willing to pay the price to get so more info and pictures with get you the best reply's .
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Working...
                          X