Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be a good deal price on this BEAUTY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Sal!!! That thing for 2700! I would have 4k into it by the time I got it home if I had bought it, but still that is cheeeeeeep!! How is the interior at that rate? All the chrome looks good, or at least decent.

Comment

That's why I tried to talk you into it in the first place. For about 5K total, you could have been driving the car. And it probably wouldn't have taken more than a month to collect the parts and put it together.
      sals54

Comment

Eh I don't have that much right now anyway. I've got a 53 with all the body work already done. I can probably get it at least driving again for pretty cheap, and if I keep my standards low I'll have it drivable soon enough. With me super low entry price I'll have quite a bit of money to get it on the road again.... it's just gonna take awhile. My car needed to saved before it became a parts stash for someone, and once it's back to the road again I'll be happy with it one way or another. But this could be a major deal for someone else.

Comment

it looks about as out of place as a 1970's "Leisure Suit" at a formal dinner party. "

For me this says it all!
          sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Never the less.. I have always liked the looks of the Avanti.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by tony58 View Post
              It shows that someone has put a ton of money and work into this car.Its getting close to the end on bidding ,I think the 1st time thru on e-bay.I think its a beauty,plus they have lowered the reserve.I know this car isn't for the purist.
              Thanks,
              Tony

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...k:top:en#v4-47
              Forget about opinions and speculation. Bid whatever you are willing to pay, and see what happens.

Comment

Tony, concensous as you know does and does not matter to prospective buyers in some cases. Those that would have you buy it and those that advise you to shy away are looking out for you because you asked. It's your money. Not theirs or mine. I don't wanna get into a contest over this car cause the car to you may be worth it. But to argue the car's merits is just plain stupid. There are better c k's out there for the same price and less so try and have it inspected by at least yourself. That is definitely a one of a kind. I prefer a car that presents itself different than that one. I've never seen one quite like it. It reminds me of a Cuban car. Might be your baby though. Have fun if you buy it. jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

jimmijim said:It reminds me of a Cuban car.I can see what you are talking about...
                  Tony

Comment

Getting back to the subject car. I like some of what has been done to it; chassis, door latches, etc., but not all of it; nose treatment. I do like it enough that I bid on it. I did figure a lot in for shipping and I do not really desire the car, so I was outbid.
                    The other two cars pictured here are good cars for what they are, but are an apples and oranges comparison to a car with different suspension, etc. Years ago, I would have bought Sal's friend's car, but not now.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

What does this mean? help please? no comprende

1234567890-
                      Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      Getting back to the subject car.
                      The other two cars pictured here are good cars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> for what they are, but are an apples and oranges comparison???????????????? <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<to a car with different suspension??????????????????????, etc. Years ago, I would have bought Sal's friend's car, but not now.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                        1234567890-
                        The subject car is highly modified including body, suspension, drivetrain, interior. The other two pictured cars are basically stock. It is hard to compare the two, especially for value/selling price as they are playing in different markets. They are all okay, just different, therefore the apples and oranges comment.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Ok Gary. I just assumed by my perspective of Studebakers that pop up for sale regardless of where posted. Are sorta like pitched to Studebaker afficianodos. By you admitting that you bid on the Cuban car I'm sure would have some here lean towatd thinking it was a safe buy. Apples and oranges? I saw 1 highly molested car and 2 that I consider to be easy fixer up ones so as not to be exceeding the 10,000 price of the Cuban car. Myself, I sure wouldn't bank on that resto-mod being properly re-engineered. Just by looking at the many not too revealing photos

Comment

Seller thinks over 20 G {relisted}

Holy Havana!
                            Originally posted by tony58 View Post
                            It shows that someone has put a ton of money and work into this car.Its getting close to the end on bidding ,I think the 1st time thru on e-bay.I think its a beauty,plus they have lowered the reserve.I know this car isn't for the purist.
                            Thanks,
                            Tony

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...k:top:en#v4-47

Comment

From the point at which bidding ended, the seller is seriously upside down on the car. What he saved on chrome, he blew on custom work that makes no improvement on the factory appearance & will probably not last long. No doubt that it drives very nicely, but if you want to build a car to sell, it must have appeal.
                              Barry'd in Studes

Comment

To answer the original question: About 30 bucks. From my perspective anyway. Your assessment may vary.
                                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X