mixed day for Ed and Bess.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

It's too easy, Ron. I've even done it with a simple propane torch (I've got oxy/acetlyene now).

Heat the ring gear, completely and evenly until it's REALLY hot! Then tap the gear off the flywheel with a hammer. Be ready with gloves or an oven mitt. Grab it 'fore it cools, flip it to have the "new" teeth facing out and tap it back on.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle
    [
    Yeah, but that doesn't solve Jeff's problem with his wife.[:0][}]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

It's too easy, Ron. I've even done it with a simple propane torch (I've got oxy/acetlyene now).

Heat the ring gear, completely and evenly until it's REALLY hot! Then tap the gear off the flywheel with a hammer. Be ready with gloves or an oven mitt. Grab it 'fore it cools, flip it to have the "new" teeth facing out and tap it back on.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle
      [
      Yeah, but that doesn't solve Jeff's problem with his wife.[:0][}]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Only speculating here, but maybe Jeff's better half doesn't feel like Jeff still carries a torch for her.
        Of course, like anyone wearing a wedding ring, you know you can get burned with one wrong word.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Only speculating here, but maybe Jeff's better half doesn't feel like Jeff still carries a torch for her.
          Of course, like anyone wearing a wedding ring, you know you can get burned with one wrong word.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
          X