No announcement yet.

'Seems Like an Awfully Nice Truck FS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Seems Like an Awfully Nice Truck FS...

.....for this kind of money.

...and it's a Commander Six with overdrive to boot:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...tml?refer=news

Some cool beans, there. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Wow! How 'bout that! It even has a passenger sun visor, rare inside rear-view mirror, passenger outside mirror, two tail lights, heater, a factory rear bumper (yes...they were optional) and what looks like an original spare.

If this truck is as good as the pics make it look...it would be worth suffering through a couple of weeks of "YOU BOUGHT WHAT?" from the wife!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
      If this truck is as good as the pics make it look...it would be worth suffering through a couple of weeks of "YOU BOUGHT WHAT?" from the wife!
      We have solved that problem in our household... when I recently told my wife I had doubled our complement of Studebakers by purchasing a '66 Commander, she informed me - "That's nice, I'm going to have the kitchen redone".
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Oh...we are very familiar with what I call "Guilty Purchase Reciprocity" around here. Just as..."No good deed goes unpunished"...the same applies to a "good deal!"
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
          Oh...we are very familiar with what I call "Guilty Purchase Reciprocity" around here. Just as..."No good deed goes unpunished"...the same applies to a "good deal!"
          Around here, Judy would probably say "To get the kitchen redone, I'll have to let the old SOB buy another old car".

Bob
          , ,

Comment

if the pictures of the truck are telling the truth, I consider this a heck of a deal. While I love my 2R-5, it would certainly be nice to have the torque of the bigger six under the hood.
            Eric DeRosa

\'49 2R-5 (original Survivor)
            \'63 R2 Lark (the money-pit-mobile)
            \'60 Lark Convertible (project in waiting)

Comment

Man, that looks like a DEAL. Ad says "negotiable" no less!
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Interesting that there isn't any undercoating on the inner fenders. Also, what is that plug (?) on the lower portion of the right door? My '49 doesn't have one. Nice truck and a reasonable price.
                Rick
                Kingman, AZ

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                  Interesting that there isn't any undercoating on the inner fenders. Also, what is that plug (?) on the lower portion of the right door? My '49 doesn't have one. Nice truck and a reasonable price.
                  Looks like a Ziebart rustproofing access hole to me.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
                    We have solved that problem in our household... when I recently told my wife I had doubled our complement of Studebakers by purchasing a '66 Commander, she informed me - "That's nice, I'm going to have the kitchen redone".
                    I've been missing out! My wife bought a mahogany dining room set years ago for some big bucks. We could have bought a brand new car for what we paid. I should have bought a running Studebaker to correct the imbalance.

Nice truck. I hope it goes to a good home.

Mark L
                    Last edited by Mark L; 06-19-2013, 08:02 PM.
                    Mark L

Comment

Oh, thanks BP....you have just made me mad at myself for selling my 2R6 a few years ago...... Boy that is a great buy, if all is as it seems. By-the-way what is the "12" indicate?
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

The "12" is short for 112 Inch Wheelbase, Short Bed. The 12 was used on the Serial Number Plate as Model # 2R6-12. Long Beds are 122 Inch. W/B =22.

That is one really beautiful R Series Truck, it would make Bob Bourke Proud!
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 06-19-2013, 10:23 PM.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

fantastic truck....just what I would want if I had planned correctly before my wagon purchase....anybody want a 2006 GMC diesel 4 door long bed w/ 95K miles on it so I can get this truck ????? I also like the presentation with the engine running and I just wish I could see the Oil Pressure gage reading.....

Comment

Love this truck and I didn't even have trucks on my mind.Guess I just love old STUDEBAKERS...

Tony

Comment

A well-known forum member just PM'd me that he has cut a deal for this truck and will be finishing up the transaction on the way to the SDC International Meet next week. (I suppose if he wanted himself to be known, he would have posted to this topic, so I'll respect his right to privacy and he can identify himself here in his own time.)

Anyway, 'looks like this post paid off as he was thankful to have read about it here first.

Cool beans! BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X