Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1961 Lark VIII 2-door wagon available on Seattle CL (7-05-2013 update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Lark VIII 2-door wagon available on Seattle CL (7-05-2013 update)

This is available right now on the Seattle Craig's List.

update July 5, 2013: Price is now advertised as $2500 on Craigslist.

Update March 22, 2014: price down to $1,800. Make sure to read ddub's comments from when he saw it in person.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/4387049931.html

Mark L
    Last edited by Mark L; 03-22-2014, 10:30 PM.
    Mark L

Considering the work needed, the price is not "a little steep";
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

A little steep?? LOL

Got to be a 'too many zeroes and no proofread' situation.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truthlet me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

It is a '61 Lark VIII Deluxe, 2 door wagon.
        Well it DOES say: "make cash offer, 360-748-7691". Maybe that $12,500.00 is just to get the bids coming, you know...such a DEAL!
        Look honey, I bought a $12,500.00 Car for $2000.00!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Wow! In my search for a stude I've seen several of these things in decent( good body, ugly paint) driver condition go for 3 and even far less. 12500 seems like he punched the zero key more then he meant to. No offense but 1250 would seem about right. Maybe he doesn't really want to sell but has someone pushing for it to leave. Wouldn't be the first time someone overpriced something because he didn't really want to sell. It might also be that he doesn't what it's worth and wants buyers offers to help him figure that out.

Comment

I agree the asking price is steep but $1250 may be low if one considers how few were built. I was always under the impression that 61 2 door wagons were very rare. Perhaps BP could enlighten us.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

If the data I have is correct there were
              1210 6's and
              1177 8's

Built.
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Deal or no deal?
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

John's production figures in Post #7 are the same as what I have. All DeLuxe trim; no Regals. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That's great to have it confirmed Bob. All deluxe as you say. I guess a Regal could have been made if ordered???
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I've admired Nick Hansons 61 2dr for years and have wanted to add one to the collection to preserve.
                      2,000 and shipping might be worth while.

Are Any wagon experts able to tell from the pictures, what may be missing around the tailgate area?
                      IIRC this area is the most difficult in finding parts?
                      Looks like seat has been removed to store that new front grille piece and bumpers.

Molitoff (sic) cocktail gas cap has to go.
                      Roof rack has to be worth a couple hundred to someone right!?

Least of ones worries I'm sure. But the torsion hood prop is GONE
                      I think I spy the air cleaner in the back. People keep these on. Too many critters crawl in the carb.
                      Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 06-19-2013, 10:06 AM.
                      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=4961Studebaker;752659]Are Any wagon experts able to tell from the pictures, what may be missing around the tailgate area?
                        IIRC this area is the most difficult in finding parts?
                        Looks like seat has been removed to store that new front grille piece and bumpers.
                        QUOTE]

The tailgate area is complete as far as I can tell about the pictures. Opps, it is missing the gravel shield that goes under the rear bumper. It might be there somewhere since the rear bumper is in the back seat. The back seat might also be present, but just folded down.

If it is actually $1250 and someone is looking for a 61 2 door wagon then it is a good deal.

I've got a 61 2 door wagon and a 64 Daytona hardtop, which one do you think I usually drive to Studebaker meets? The wagon because I'll have the only one there.

Hopefully someone will buy this quick so I don't have to think about it too much.

Nick

Comment

If it was actually 1250, I'd be very interested. This is pretty much what I want, or a 59-60 wagon that was in "reasonable" shape and ran. Man I love those wagons.

Comment

This car was for sale on the Seattle area Craigslist about a year ago. The asking price then was quite reasonable - I don't exactly remember but certainly closer to $1250.00.

Comment

has anyone called the owner to find out if the price is a typo or more info?

just asking! if was in the area, i'd want to know, then report back if he really wants $12,5K... or $1,250 - after i picked her up for the lower price...
                              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                              X