Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Lark TV commercial

sigpic

The Studebaker National Museum sells an hour-long DVD of Studebaker commercials from 1958-66. Alan Young of Mister Ed introduces the video and talks about the fact that the factory gave the cast members new Studebakers to drive each new model year, and the fact that Studebaker was an excellent sponsor to deal with as they never interfered with the production of the series. The commercial posted here is among the many fascinating TV spots created for the cars. I never saw, for example, TV ads for the 1965 or 66 Canadian Studebakers, but here they are (quite a few for the 66). I've never heard a TV personality speak with affection about a sponsor before, and yes, he does own at least one Studebaker. The museum has on it's walls a blown-up newspaper article showing the beautiful actress Connie Hines (Carol on Mister Ed) taking delivery of a 1962 Gran Turismo Hawk. I wonder if that car still exsists.
    Last edited by dixiana; 06-18-2013, 06:49 AM.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

stude commercials

You can also go on YouTube and watch them. I've done it before

Comment

I'm sold, now to find a Studebaker dealer. Nope, none in the phone book. Drat and shaw.

Comment

Working...
          X