Find Waldo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find Waldo!

Playing Find Waldo is a great way to pass some time for some, but I'm sure that was not the intention of one of the Studebaker member when he went looking for cool parts for his car..

If you live in Arizona and you were here this past weekend, it got to 105 deg..

Nice day to go looking for parts..

I was bummed because I was not able to go. When I got a text message late in the afternoon I was eager to see what cool thing was found! Maybe a set of R4 pistons so I can finally build my 12:1 engine?

But as any seasoned Arizona parts hunter can attest, you can sometimes find more than what your looking for.

For instance, just as you step towards that Gem of a parts car your adrenaline kicks in as your hearing detects that distinct rattle sound..

For the untrained and slow to realize, that is not you favorite nephew playing with his rattle!

If you do not react properly your parts hunting day will be cut real short.

Have you found Waldo yet? If not, you would have been more than likely clutching your leg or arm at this point asking yourself, "what the heck?"

I'll give you a hint.. That is not an exhaust pipe by the left of the rear bumper!

Man oh Man that would have Me shakeing in my boots,and maybe changeing my shorts <G>
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I would rather find him before he finds me.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Just throw him out of the way... LOL!

Do they 'jump'? Can you grab a old farm tool (a long one) and relocate him? I only have to deal with gators and spiders...
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Awwww, just look at the little feller, almost makes ya want hug 'em!!
          No, it's best to back away and leave the snake to Animal Control. They have a lightning fast, venom filled strike that will put ya in the hospital real quick, and judging by the warning stance of that one, the snake is rearin' and ready to go!!
          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Rattlesnake does not taste like chicken, But hey it's a great addition to camp chili.
            Patrick Sammon

Comment

The real question is how bad do you need those parts?
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

That reminds me of the time at Devil's Tower, Wyoming on my honeymoon when my wife was crouched down photographing the pine cones on a bed of pine needles and noticed a large tan coloured snake slide into the view from her camera. It was amazing how fast she moved! It turned out to be a 6' long bull snake so there was no danger after all.
                \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                Jim Mann
                Victoria, B.C.
                Canada

Comment

That will make you tip-toe for the rest of the day.

Comment

That's when I say "FEET,DO YOUR THING"
                    Originally posted by JimC View Post
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Tastes like frog that puts people back a step. Unless you know what frog tastes like.

Comment

Shortly after I came to the Pacific NW in the early '60s there was a story in the paper about a college student who brought his lab project home with him when school was out for the summer. This was several rattlesnakes, and he didn't know what to do with them, so he turned them loose. When word got out, a posse was formed to track them down and recapture them. Being from Missouri I didn't understand what the big deal was about a few poisonous snakes. Then I found out there AREN'T ANY poisonous snakes here! Decided right then I was gonna like it here!
                        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                          Man oh Man that would have Me shaking in my boots,and maybe changing my shorts <G>
                          I'd think he'd make a great pair of Boots some day!

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                          Finding a nice JTS block might be worth the bite! Same place, just too cool that day for snakes!

Comment

Well, for me it would be, "rattle-rattle" BANG BANG BANG, then reload for the next one!

Jim "I don't like snakes"
                            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                            their Memorials!

Comment

To cool for snakes that day ?,NO WAIT LOOK BEHIND YOU! really though nice find you got.
                              Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                              I'd think he'd make a great pair of Boots some day!

Finding a nice JTS block might be worth the bite! Same place, just too cool that day for snakes!

Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
                              X