No announcement yet.

Find Waldo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this part of the country, we have the eastern diamondback. Folks can live their entire lives here and never see one. Some people even scoff when you tell them they are here. However, they tend to mostly live and hang out where people don't. About twenty years ago, I was having a late breakfast with a construction crew working on a hydro-electric facility cut into the granite mountains in the north-western part of our state. Working in high-cliff outcroppings of solid rock, two of the crew said that they had killed thirty rattle snakes by 10:30 that morning. I have spent a lot of time fishing, hiking, camping, and hunting in this area. I can only recall seeing two in all that time. Lots of copperheads, black snakes and even the rare tiny little eastern ring neck...but rarely ever the secretive rattler.

However, the most terrible bite I ever got while surfing a junk yard was the worst case of chiggers ever.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Hi all old Waldo there was the perfect gent.Being that he chose not to bite me.Saying that I was one steep from steeping on him before I herd his rattler going of and beleve me it was a sound you were brought up to jump at.It was on the move when I found him the first time and if he was coiled up as you see him there he would of had me for sure.My friend Mike Lynch calls me the Lucky Whistler . I guess luck was on my side. I was there looking in ever car and trunk to see if I could find the main caps to the Whistlers engine.No lock but i did find caps to about 20+ engines maybe next time.As fore Waldo I know what he likes to eat and its not me,I think he perfers pack rat.

Comment

One does not simply live in the south without a .410 shotgun.
        Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
        Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
        Lizella, GA

Comment

Working...
        X