Studebaker 62S-F4 parts car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker 62S-F4 parts car

The frame rails are shot and the body to rails supports are also gone, but lots of good parts. I'm removing some parts to put in the back of my PU. Will be going from Des Moines, Iowa to the Studebaker meet in a couple weeks.Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1738984Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	1738985Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1738986All the bright works are there. All windows are good. Motor is stuck. The car does roll. Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1738987 Rick 515.270.9625

I'd send an e-mail to Allstate Insurance!! I bet they'll pay TOP DOLLAR for that car!

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 06-17-2013, 06:25 AM.

Comment

If that rubber drain catch to pipe is intact...I could use it (PM)

Comment

Haven't heard the insurance one before.. Where is the drain catch. I'll look today.

Comment

Originally posted by bosshoss61 View Post
          Haven't heard the insurance one before.
          Here's a clue: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...LSTATE+clunker

Craig

Comment

Haven't heard the insurance one before.. Where is the drain catch. I'll look today.
            Rick, the "insurance one" refers to an Allstate Insurance ad that was produced many years ago.

It depicted an decrpit old 1962 Lark Six 2-door, referring to it as "The Clunker," citing how unsafe it was to have cars like that on the road, threatenting the nation's motoring safety. It was famously called The Clunker Ad.

They undoubtedly used a Studebaker in the ad because Studebaker was no longer producing cars, so they figured they'd get no backlash from the manufacturer. They didn't identify the car as a Studebaker, though, and unless you knew what a 1962 F-body Lark looked like, you probably didn't know what it was.

But there was no attempt to disguise it's silhouette, either, so it caused some furor among Studebaker followers of the day, myself and others around here included, as it was cast in a terrible light and shown smoking as a gross polluter, too. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              Thanks, Craig. I knew we had discussed it here and was looking for the link when I saw you had already found it. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

WOW- that's pretty rotten of Allstate. So, just a couple of rotten apples can spoil the whole barrel. I'm looking out the window at my 62 as I sit here. I would kind of like to re-do it. The body doesn't scare me, I can fix it. I would have to replace the frame. I'm a pretty good mechanic, but don't know if I can replace a frame or not. Is it a straight forward job? I have a motor stand and a cherry picker, but that's it. Rick

Comment

but don't know if I can replace a frame or not. Is it a straight forward job? I have a motor stand and a cherry picker, but that's it.
                  Yes it is. No cutting or welding required. LOTS of Aero-Kroil on those bolts to make it easier, and 27.5 hours according the Studebaker Flat Rate Maunal.

Craig

Comment

WOW- that's pretty rotten of Allstate. So, just a couple of rotten apples can spoil the whole barrel. I'm looking out the window at my 62 as I sit here. I would kind of like to re-do it. The body doesn't scare me, I can fix it. I would have to replace the frame. I'm a pretty good mechanic, but don't know if I can replace a frame or not. Is it a straight forward job? I have a motor stand and a cherry picker, but that's it. Rick
                    If your serious I think it's an all right Idea. I could see finding a frame and a V8/tranny. Getting it structurally sound, then get it dixed how ever, fiberglass, rivets, body filler, who cares? If you fix it the wrong way who's gonna judge you, it's not like your doing it to a nice solid car or something. You'd be saving it from the brink of destruction, so do I'd do it how ever you like.

Comment

Working...
                    X