Weird TV Stude sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird TV Stude sighting

I happened to be watching an old re-run of Boy Meets World the other night. "Truth and Consequences" is the name of the episode in the 95 season. The one where janitor Bud got fired for ditching work to go to the racetrack. Anyhoo... the last thing I expected to find was a Studebaker, but in a scene where Corey opens his locker and finds the dead fish, I spotted a hot rod picture on the inside of the locker door. In the locker is a picture of a 53 Hardtop that looks like its a Pro Street car that had been featured in Hot Rod Magazine around that time. It was a red one with a Lingenfelter Big Block Chevy engine and a powered, tilt up front end. I'm sure many of you remember that car. I'm going to try to get a print or video to share. Just don't know if anyone had ever mentioned it before.
    sals54

You watch boy meets world, and listen to LMFAO? Sal, Sal, Sal.........

Comment

Hey, what can I say??? I have wide and varied interests. I'm 59 but can't stand listening to the oldies of my generation. Its sooooo stale and stagnant. Beatles, Stones, Eagles, and the rest, UGH ! ! ! I can't stand it. I'll take Nelly, LMFAO, Rihanna, Pit Bull and the like. Now THAT I can listen to.
      Same thing with cars. Mustangs, Camaros, Mopars... UGH. How many of those do you have to see at a car show to be bored to death. Thats why I drive a rat Studebaker. Go to a Billetproof car show and you'll see my peeps. I prefer not to get the tatoos, but those are surely the cars of my liking.
      sals54

Comment

Sal, you're an inspiration. Growing older doesn't equal growing outdated

And I agree wholeheartedly on the car thing. At my church's car show today, there were 6 Fords (Two Ford GT's and the rest were Mustangs), Several Chevys (a few Camaros, a couple recent 'Vettes, and one older El Camino I actually liked quite a bit.), but only one Studebaker. By the way, it's a nice feeling, when you've got a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of Ford GT across the aisle from you, to have a crowd of people standing around your car instead. It was almost as gratifying as the guy who passed me in his Mercedes convertible today, who was craning his neck a block down the road to look at my homely little Lark.
        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with old music, if you go old enough. When I listen to music, I often listen to Mozart. Mozart, very, very, loud. It's a beautiful thing.
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD88XQyNSN8

at 18:12 mins
            sigpic

Comment

Yessirree. That's the youtube episode. It runs from 18:12 to 18:30. I know its not earth shattering, but it was a surprise, nonetheless.
              sals54

Comment

And Jim, I dig what you're saying about the music. I do keep one of my presets for classical music station. I'm more of a Beethoven fan, though.
                sals54

Comment

Chopin's my fave! As well as Nat King Cole and Leon Redbone.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                  X