Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sat. July 6 Greenville, PA Car Show--Beautify this small-town Main St. with a Studebaker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat. July 6 Greenville, PA Car Show--Beautify this small-town Main St. with a Studebaker!!

Greenville is in NW PA, less than ten miles east of the Ohio line. The show is on its quaint Main Street. Population of the borough is 5,900.

Room for 400+ vehicles.

Free event tee shirt to first 175 registrations.

Three DJ's

50/50 drawing

Shuttle rides to Heritage Days events in Riverside Park, the Erie Canal Museum, the Greenville Historical Society Museum, and the Greenville Railroad Museum and Park. (Museums are smallish but nice for a little town!)

Grand prize: Artist's drawing of your car, Mechanic's Jacket, and your car on next year's event tee shirt!

"Official" time of the show is 2-6 p.m., but in past years cars start showing up at noon...or earlier!

Greenville is at the intersection of PA routes 18, 358, and 58. Just seven miles south, down the road, from U.S. Route 322, and ten miles west of U.S. Route 19.

Home of Thiel College.

For further information, please send me (Bill Pressler) a message here or a PM on the SDC forum site.

Thanks so much--hope to see some Studies!

Here are a couple of links to pics of recent prior years' shows there:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...nville%2C+show

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ville+car+show
    Last edited by Bill Pressler; 06-01-2014, 11:45 AM.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Bump. 250 cars last year. Bring your Studie over! Info, call me at 221-5904, area code 330.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    All are in Australia now

Comment

Bumping this thread up.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Bumping this up.
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Bill
          Thanks for the invite but I'm on the East Coast of PA in Easton! My buddy & I are going to a Cruise Night sponsored by a local Corvette club. We're taking my Dad's '64 Avanti as well as an '81 Avanti-just to get the Corvette guys torqued! If you can come to Easton,PA. August 24th we're having a Keystone SDC tour as well as rides on an historic Canal Boat!
          Rob in PA.

Comment

How did this go this year, Bill?

('Just pulled in from Colorado Springs about noon today -Saturday- and am not in the mood to continue east another several hunnert' miles....'wouldn't get there in time!) BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, I was delighted with the show this year! The car count was well into the 300's I'm told, and I believe it. Main St. was blocked off for a mile or maybe a bit more, and there wasn't room for one more car, I swear!

My perpetual pestering of SDCer's in my local region and online here turned up the following Studes in Greenville today:

1) My B-I-L's '49 Champion convert
              2) A local fellow named Don Bee's beautiful '48 Champion Starlight Coupe
              3) Larry Sherer's (Cortland, OH) Astra White with black vinyl Sports Roof '64 GT Hawk, assembled on 12/20/63, the last day of Hawk assembly
              4) Walt and Michal Barnes' (Ashtabula, OH) '61 Lark Regal 4-door and '64 Commander two-door sedan
              5) Ed Davies' (Akron, OH) sharp black '64 Daytona convertible, the only South Bend-built '64 convert built in black with blue interior
              6) Don Morgan's (Clinton, OH) sharp maroon '55 Commander V8 2-door sedan
              7) Don Borger's (New Castle, PA) Avanti Red '63 Avanti R1--just beautiful

Also present were two custom R-series pickups and a '37 Studebaker coupe with the arrow-like small rear windows, that was a purple custom. I don't know the owners of any of these cars. Other interesting independents included a survivor '54 Hudson Hornet Special 4-door with 18K miles--the original owner's great-grandmother's car--another Hornet two-door, and a couple early '50's Kaisers.

There were 50% chance of thunderstorms today, but it did not rain until after the show ended, amazingly.

Thanks for all who drove Studes there today.

We got some good pics of Greenville's Studebaker dealer Ed Filer and his mechanic Chub Eddy, standing next to some Studes.

Ed joked that he was going to drag his old "Used Cars" sign out today and advertise that they were open again, but only today so hurry up and buy!

BTW, thanks to Dave and Kathy McMahon who drove from Alliance, OH sans Stude to see the show, and Joe Kastellec who brought his very, very nice '97 Corvette with 17K miles. I also met a new forum poster but I'm ashamed to say I cannot remember his name, but he's been a 'lurker' and came all the way from DuBois, PA (a good two hours away) to visit and see the show. He has a very nice '64 Avanti he said.
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Hi Bill. I would have enjoyed being there but had a family event that I couldn't get out of. I think my '54 would have made it there okay. Maybe next year.

Are you planning to go to Summit next month?

Dave Bonn
                '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Originally posted by Blue 15G View Post
                  Hi Bill. I would have enjoyed being there but had a family event that I couldn't get out of. I think my '54 would have made it there okay. Maybe next year.

Are you planning to go to Summit next month?

Dave Bonn
                  '54 Champion Starliner
                  Dave, I'll definitely be at Summit! See you there! And your '54 would definitely class up Main St.--plan on bringing it next year!

This year, the Greenville show seemed larger than any previous one I'd been to. Just couldn't have been better.
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

Excellent, Bill; thanks for the thorough report. 'Good to see the show growing, and more Studes and other interesting cars. Your pestering and badgering is paying off.

(...and 'just wait until the 1954 Hornet Special owners get their September Hemmings Classic Car in a couple weeks! ) BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                      Excellent, Bill; thanks for the thorough report. 'Good to see the show growing, and more Studes and other interesting cars. Your pestering and badgering is paying off.

(...and 'just wait until the 1954 Hornet Special owners get their September Hemmings Classic Car in a couple weeks! ) BP
                      Cool Bob, I look forward to the Hudson article myself. I was showing some folks around, down past the old Filer garage and also the old Hudson dealership, which is now the Greenville Water Authority building.

The Hornet Special had a lot of, uh, 'patina' but it was cool. It was bought new by his great-grandmother in Meadville, PA, about thirty miles away and kept in a garage for many years. A friend of mine asked him about the Hydramatic. He said it operates fine and he'd only done a fluid change. He drove the car about twenty rural miles from his hometown of Cochranton, PA to the Greenville show yesterday.

I stuck my head inside the car and was taken aback by how large the interior of those cars was.
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                        The Hornet Special had a lot of, uh, 'patina' but it was cool. It was bought new by his great-grandmother in Meadville, PA, about thirty miles away and kept in a garage for many years. A friend of mine asked him about the Hydramatic. He said it operates fine and he'd only done a fluid change. He drove the car about twenty rural miles from his hometown of Cochranton, PA to the Greenville show yesterday.

I stuck my head inside the car and was taken aback by how large the interior of those cars was.
                        That they were, Bill; the word commodious comes to mind.

In fact, if you'll pardon the pun, they even had a Commodore series through the 1952 model year! Now those were doubly commodious!

(Don't say you weren't warned.) BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                          That they were, Bill; the word commodious comes to mind.

In fact, if you'll pardon the pun, they even had a Commodore series through the 1952 model year! Now those were doubly commodious!

(Don't say you weren't warned.) BP
                          The ba-dum-bump was heard all the way over here in NE OH, Bob!
                          Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                          X