My STUDEBAKER Playhouse Tour day 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My STUDEBAKER Playhouse Tour day 5

I posted a picture of "another racing shop" in stove huggers and was reminded I should have had it here. That being said, mine is not (in any sense of the word) a racing shop, like some of or other form members. Mine is a playhouse. As I have posted before, we had bad storm damage two years ago and I am just now getting my shop back together. My Wife has been a great help in the past months, to help me get it repaired and repainted. I am really thankful for being able to have a place to play. If yall are intrested, I will post a few pictures of my playhouse and modern equipment over the next few days. I just want to share my enjoyment with yall. Here's the start of the tour.

Here' a shot from "the servive dept" of the parts department window. LOL
    Last edited by Flashback; 06-20-2013, 06:17 PM. Reason: add line

Tex

Your pictures shame me when I look at the carnage in mine. A nice facility and one to be proud of.

That sign would have to go, If I didn't allow all those vices (Well I don't allow drugs in any case) nobody would show up. But never when performing work, just after. Too many experiences in earlier times about cleaning up issues after a few brews during work in mine. Profanity is just part of the language here, let's me communicate in/to fellow Michiganians/Michiganders (I don't discriminate against either one)!!

Bob
    Last edited by sweetolbob; 06-15-2013, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Bob, It,s not that clean, believe me, you will see as I continue the tour. Yes, I try to adhere to the sign, however, it is a surplus from a athletic facility, and I didn't have it painted, just for my shop. Moving on around a little on the shop tour.

Comment

Here we are on day three. The big doors you see were torn off in the storm. Wanted roll up doors and a lift for years, BUT, you know how that goes sometime. I gave up on both.

What I settled for on the lift is in the left corner. LOL

Comment

Room to walk............
          Jack White
          Charlotte,NC
          North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Moving on around. If your tired of seein just say so.

Comment

You have room for at least 3 more Studes in there.

Comment

When I'm tired of seeing it I'll just stop looking!

Comment

Vidmar cabinets are pricey... (Even used)...
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yea studefan, I have room for another Stude, but no mo money.

So Jeff, my tool boxes are called Vidmar cabinets huh? I bought one of them for twenty bucks and the guy gave me the second one, They are in great shape and make super tool boxes. But I am a CASO. Here's my vice. It came from my Dad's shop he built in 1947.

AND, here are my jack stands frpm the same shop.

Last edited by Flashback; 06-19-2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

keep up with the pics!

if i was "up" to it, i'd have to take a week or so just to get my little 'cave removed of clutter/filthyness to be close to your clean (to me) playhouse.
                      i'd still only have about 1/3rd the space.
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Yes, where does that clutter and dirt come from?
                        Where's my work bench?
                        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

"CASO" or not, that stuff WORX!
                          (& that kinda vice are just awesome!)

Comment

Nice shop ,I should have a nice shop, but too much of a pack rat. Am going to try to start cleaning out my 30 x 40 pole barn (concrete floor. I have push mowers I don't use, wood supply, sheet metal, and a 8n tractor, 1965 Ihc lawn mower, and many other items keeping my shop cluttered. Do love yours!
                            Randy Wilkin
                            1946 M5 Streetrod
                            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Here's a few more items from the past. The oil cans came from my Dad's shop, (1947-1987) and from my service station (1969-1971). The torches came from my Dads shop.

I'll move on around the shop maybe tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X