'59 Lark in Weatherford Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59 Lark in Weatherford Texas

Has anyone seen the row of Studebakers on a street in Weatheford? Several of them are trucks but one is a '59. Lark, and im wndering about it.

What street in Weatherford?? Its a small town, but not small enough to google search every street looking for them.
    sals54

Comment

Lark in Weatherford

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
      What street in Weatherford?? Its a small town, but not small enough to google search every street looking for them.
      Im not sure, but I'll try to get more info. I saw a recent photograph. It showed a large vintage Studebaker sign under which sit a number of vehicles, starting with what seems to be a '59 truck, a couple of non-Studebakers, the Lark wearing 1968 plates, a 49 Buick and a '51 or '52 Studebaker wrecker.

Comment

I can say that the Lark is a '59 two door sedan, white or light gray. Ill yry to see if I can get a more definite location.

Comment

New information

Originally posted by Lark1959 View Post
          I can say that the Lark is a '59 two door sedan, white or light gray. Ill yry to see if I can get a more definite location.
          After some searching it seems a thread has already occurred about the site. It nay not be there now. the cars may now be part of the Studebaker Farm in Hamilton, Texas. Does anyone k ow more?

Comment

Originally posted by Lark1959 View Post
            After some searching it seems a thread has already occurred about the site. It nay not be there now. the cars may now be part of the Studebaker Farm in Hamilton, Texas. Does anyone k ow more?
            I believe your referring to John Brooks place in Weatherford on Hwy 180 off of I-20w when heading toward downtown Weatherford on the north side of the highway. His dad owned a Studebaker dealership at one time in Texas. John has been selling Studebakers for years and the city has been trying to push him out for some time, at least he told me that years ago.

Comment

I wonder if any of the cars are still i. Weatherford?

Comment

John Brooks and his father went waaaay back in the Studebaker business. His father was with an El Paso dealer back in 1916! John could look at a part and tell you the part number! There never was better.
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948
                http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

John confirmed to me that he put after market a/c in my gt hawk and then took it out at the owners request

Peter Bishop
                  Director,
                  Northeast Zone

Comment

Working...
                  X