rear seating area rear speaker 53-4 C-K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear seating area rear speaker 53-4 C-K

What is the size of the rear speaker as installed by the factory for a C-K mobile? thank you jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
    What is the size of the rear speaker as installed by the factory for a C-K mobile? thank you jimmijim
    The rear seat speaker for 1953-1954 is AC-2302. This includes the speaker and the necessary grille for it.
    I don't have one to measure, but I can picture it. It is quite large, maybe 5X7. Hopefully, someone else has the kit or a factory installed speaker that they can measure for you.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It's 5 X 7.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Would be nice to retrofit for a modern stereo. Of course, the original was just a front/rear monaural, AM fader. I recall we used to add a reverb attachment of some sort. Vague memories of decades long past.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I have a 5 x7 in my Hawk and having the original speaker grille was wondering if it is the same type/style/look as one that would come on a 53-4-5?My 55 Pres has a 5 x 7 but the grille is a different style.{possibly changed out} Reason for me askin is that my friend asked me to pick one up at SB. I supposed them to be all the same size/style for a C-K any year. Did so and bought one marked Hawk 56-64. My friend said it was not the same size hole as his and said his hole was a bigger oval whole. I then showed him a 6 x 9 speakerI had lying on a shelf. AAh, that's the size. I suspect his must/ have been altered. What do we think here?. However, I can use/ he needs one for a 6 x 9 but he want's the low profile as like Stude used. Anybody have one in metal? {6 x 9 low profile} cheers? jimmijim
          Last edited by jimmijim8; 06-13-2013, 06:47 AM. Reason: 123456789o0p-
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

the 53-54 grille is shown in post number 6 of this thread. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...48-help-needed

The stock rear speaker size is 5 X 7. If you have a stock radio, you can use a 5 X 7 from a FLAPS. If you have an upgraded stereo, or a stereo conversion in your radio, the speakers made by this company will fit and sound fine. http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/category/id/4

Of course, a 6 X 9 will have more bass, if it is a good quality speaker, and there is plenty of room in the rear package tray. The trunk also provides an excellent speaker box and the rear window reflects the speaker sound. All in all, it's a great place for a speaker, with the only exception being the sun can cook the speaker eventually.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
            10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
            56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
            60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

thanks folks

Comment

Working...
              X