Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-86 overdrive transmission for a pickup truck for free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-86 overdrive transmission for a pickup truck for free!

Hi gents and ladies.

In cleaning up the shop a bit I found/tripped over a T-86 overdrive transmission that does not fit anything I have. Years ago, I bought it for my 50 Commander, but did not notice that it had the smaller pilot shaft for the Champion engine.

Trucks generally have a larger transmission than cars for the same size engine.

This one says T-86 on it, has the 6 bolt cover, and it has a short tail shaft overdrive on it. Looking inside the top cover, one of the gears has chipped teeth, but the transmission shifts smoothly by hand and all the gears engage. I have no idea about the insides of the overdrive, since I have not taken it apart.

The transmission is dirty and too heavy for me to lift, so you would have to come over to Redwood City, California and pick it up. The price is right, anyway.

This would be good for your 170/185 pickup truck, or could potentially provide parts for a Commander car or any overdrive equipped vehicle.

Thanks
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Free is always good!

Comment

wish i were closer !!!!
      1947 M5 under restoration
      a bunch of non-Stude stuff

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Free is always good!
        That's what I thought. But when you are big and dirty and ugly and heavy, nobody wants you, I guess.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

Comment

RadioRoy.....I'd love to come get it. I'm down in Santa Barbara and come up now & then to Los Altos where I have relatives.
          ..........Greg

Comment

Please give me an email, or a PM and let me know when you will be in the neighborhood.

Comment

Email: whitesmtn@cox.net

Can't say right now when our next trip up there will be. But shouldn't be long.
              .........Greg

Comment

Working...
              X