Champ Running Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Running Boards

I know that running boards had disappeared by the time the Champ came out, but does anyone know of a company or source for running boards that would fit? My wife says our Champ would be easier to get in to if we had running boards.
    Help!?
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

I'd measure how much running board you want, and then start searching. Most available now are modern types. Check with Westin and other companies. You'll probably have to drill the frame to fit the running board.
    Last edited by Swifster; 06-12-2013, 12:21 PM.
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

you might want to check here: http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com/

they may know if a running board or nerf bars that fit a champ from one of the models listed with little or no modifications needed. or maybe someone here has further info.
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I've seen some running boards for trucks that attach to the bottom of the door & swing out when you open it. Useful & doesn't detract from the look when the doors are closed. Just a thought.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I contacted Running Board Warehouse and they said they have a universal set they call Ionic Gladiator that they said should work. They have several different variations and can be cut to whatever size one needs. Depending on how plain or fancy one wants, they range in price from $199 to $359. They come with all the universal mounting hardware you might need as well as instructions on various mounting arrangements.
          One needs to take careful measurements and carefully examine the installation instructions (available online in PDF format) because once you order them and they are cut and shipped to you they will not take them back.
          I plan to keep looking around, but these have made the list of possibilities.
          Thanks, everyone, for your input. If anyone else has other information I will be happy to follow any leads.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Talk to Northwest Running Boards in Clackamas, OR on Highway 212.

Comment

Thanks, Jerry. That's close by. I should know to ask the local Studebaker folks first.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

We tried to do running boards on our Champ before we sold it - never were successful in finding a pair that would fit. The issue is with the curve of the fenders. Good luck. It would be funky kewl to see RBs on a Champ.

Comment

Working...
                X