Back to "the saturday night special"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to "the saturday night special"

Getting started again. I have my shop repaired and cleaned up. Have the dummy engine in and one head on. Will be posting as this project progresses. I will be building engine as I fit the supercharger to the dummy. Still could use a s/c bracket and water manifold for an Avanti? If not soon, here we go with hot roddin'.

looking forward to progress updates/pics!
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

When I first glanced at the picture and saw the garage walls, I immediately thought "Zip Van". I'm definitely Studebaker brainwashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
        Getting started again. I have my shop repaired and cleaned up. Have the dummy engine in and one head on. Will be posting as this project progresses. I will be building engine as I fit the supercharger to the dummy. Still could use a s/c bracket and water manifold for an Avanti? If not soon, here we go with hot roddin'.

If I come down to Wetumpka can I sit in that chair and watch you work? <GGG>
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
          If I come down to Wetumpka can I sit in that chair and watch you work? <GGG>
          I can recommend Jerry for that assignment. He's very good at it.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by studedude View Post
            i can recommend jerry for that assignment. He's very good at it.
            gggggggggggggggggggggggggg
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

As long as he does NOT wear that "colorful" shirt!! (that WILL distract you from getting anything done) But, be fore warned! Jerry likes to talk a lot!!! <G>

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
                But, be fore warned! Jerry likes to talk a lot!!! <G>

Jim
                Not true. I believe the spoken word is very precious and is to be used sparingly. <G>
                Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Yeah Jerry, you are welcome to come sit in my chair. But I don't know about watching me work. i don't do much of that.
                  O, By the way everyone I know Jerry can talk, But, I don't know if he cam beat me or not. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                    When I first glanced at the picture and saw the garage walls, I immediately thought "Zip Van". I'm definitely Studebaker brainwashed.
                    This was the paint theme that was in the first two shops I worked in as a kid (mechanic's helper). Does say Studebaker to me though.

Comment

I worked in a Amoco station painted like that in my younger days.
                      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

"I have My shop repaired and cleaned up"...........If I may ask, what happened to Your shop?

Comment

Tornado, two years ago, hit my home and shop with damage. Had to do the house first, then the shop. My wife helped with the shop. Ain't I lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                            Tornado, two years ago, hit my home and shop with damage. Had to do the house first, then the shop. My wife helped with the shop. Ain't I lucky.
                            Tornado.....Wow!....We don't see those things in New England (Thank God)

Comment

Working...
                            X