Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-8 YOUR R SERIES / PACIFIC N/W by JunkYardDog

V-8 YOUR R SERIES / PACIFIC N/W by JunkYardDog
    I have all the gear to factory bolt in a Studebaker V-8 in a 49 and up R series ..

Bellhousing with correct throw out shaft.
    flywheel
    clutch assy. and disc and throw out bearing
    3 speed O.D. TRANNY with large input shaft "T86"
    shift rods to column shift, O.D. controll cable
    V-8 motor mounts
    Drive shaft for 112 inch W.B.
    Radiator "held water"
    all removed from a 52 studie R series short W.B.

This truck came to me with a 62 289 in it the engine was sold last month and I made sure to keep everything for the conversion.

I'm thnking $350.00 or best offer. want to sell as package

REAR FENDERS FOR R's MISC. ROUGH BUT SERVICEABLE AROUND $35. TO $50.

MATCHED R SERIES REAR SPRINGS WITH FACTORY OVERLOADS $25.00

Also have fiberglass nose for a 57 transstar in good shape on a scale of one to 10 this is a 9. it also has "all" the headlight hardwear right down to the chrome rings. $150.00 OBO

1957 STUDEBAKER 4DR COMMANDER engine missing . HAS FLOOR BOARD ISSUES CLEAN TITLE $350.00

TWO SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANNY FOR studebaker V-8 "work's" $125.
    1964 Two speed air cooled power glide for 283 chevy powered chevy or 283 chevy powered Studebaker . $125.

belfairsoper@gmail.com 360-275-5333
    "SORRY I DON'T SHIP"
    Last edited by JunkYardDog; 06-10-2013, 11:29 AM. Reason: additional information

Wow!...You have some interesting, reasonably priced parts there. (especially the "R Truck" complete V8 conversion kit!)

Comment

Yes, for a complete conversion, that's a good deal.

No, we still need more info. From what came the tranny originally? Is it a T86, T90 or a T89?

Maybe, the "no ship" is a deal-breaker for most here. Where in the Pacific Northwest? I've got all the above, so don't need it personally, but might help someone in need get it there.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
        Where in the Pacific Northwest? jack vines
        I believe Bob (a.k.a. JYD) is over near Bremerton somewhere.
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I'm in BELFAIR,WASH. No idea what they originally came out of , it all came in the R when I bought it . The Tranny is a 3 speed O.D. I'll have to check tomorrow and see what the caseing numbers are.I know it's heavier than the tranny in my Scottsman
          Thats a lot of exspence shipping all that ,plus I'd be more comfortable if the purchaser got to look over the parts befor buying them and paying the price of having them shipped half way across the country.
          The truck came with a lot of stuff on it that wasn't stock lot S.W. racing gauge's a old three spoke steering wheel

I'm also selling my 1953 M35 Studebaker duce and a half , it maybe sold I'm waiting to see them pick it up. I fall this stuff sells that'll leave me with only 4 trucks along with my engines I have stored . I need money and I can't afford to fix everything so some of my treasures must go. :>)
          Last edited by JunkYardDog; 06-10-2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Easy differentiation:

1. T86/T90 are top loaders
            2. T85/T89 are side loaders
            3. Truck transmissions have a straight-cut low/reverse slider gear, car trannies have a bevel-cut gear.
            4. '51-57 has an almost square front bolt mounting pattern and a short tailshaft with a fixed yoke. The '58-64 car and truck has a tall rectangular "Ford" pattern; car version has long tailshaft and sliding yoke but truck still had short tailshaft and fixed yoke.
            5. Early versions have two-wire solenoids; later versions have three-wire.

jack vines
            Last edited by PackardV8; 06-10-2013, 09:32 AM.
            PackardV8

Comment

T-86 with O.D. AND NO I have no idea what it originally came out of , everything fits in the R right down to the stock column linkage rods. The motor that was in it was a 62 289 which has already been sold.
              The tranny has a bolt on flange for the driveshaft which is included "112" in wheel base
              Last edited by JunkYardDog; 06-10-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X