latest Turning Wheels best ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest Turning Wheels best ever!

I just recieved my turning wheels mag and found Ed R. editorial most interesting. I met him breifly at the york swap meet and thought he was very interesting, He talked about the different type of studebaker collectors and how the many sub divisions of collecting connected folks, from the toys to trucks to the cars and the like, he has his hand on the pulse of this hobby and I am very glad that Studebaker has a person with that kind of in site on it's side. I think that Studebaker Int. is a top notch company and use them along with Steven Allen in all the parts that I need, I was very glad to see hawks featured for a change as most of the time it seems, hawks are over looked, I think the hawk was a great design second only to the corvette as far as I am concerned( my opinion only) I don't want to get the wizard mad again. Anyway nice good TW!

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

2nd only to the CORVETTE???[B)] OWWWWW[:0][:0][:0]

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

2nd only to the CORVETTE???[B)] OWWWWW[:0][:0][:0]

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Ive never really been concerned about the size of my corvette but, I suppose, if someone gave me one, I could sell it to pay for the restoration of my '53 Coupe! [^]

Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Ive never really been concerned about the size of my corvette but, I suppose, if someone gave me one, I could sell it to pay for the restoration of my '53 Coupe! [^]

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Corvette's are just too common. <G>

Seriously, what's going to attract more attention, just another Corvette or a nice Hawk!

Jeff DeWitt
            Jeff DeWitt
            http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Corvette's are just too common. <G>

Seriously, what's going to attract more attention, just another Corvette or a nice Hawk!

Jeff DeWitt
              Jeff DeWitt
              http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

[]right!

Studebakers forever!
                Studebakers forever!

Comment

[]right!

Studebakers forever!
                  Studebakers forever!

Comment

Your right a corvette just dont draw tha attention anymore.My buddy and i attened a car show n he parked his 76 vette next to my 74 nova.People walk past his vette to check out my nova .He was kinda peeved to say the least.Park a stude next to them and the stude will get all the attention.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Your right a corvette just dont draw tha attention anymore.My buddy and i attened a car show n he parked his 76 vette next to my 74 nova.People walk past his vette to check out my nova .He was kinda peeved to say the least.Park a stude next to them and the stude will get all the attention.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

It is interesting to me to read in one of my 50's car books that Thunderbirds outsold Corvettes by a wide margin in '55 through '57. Corvettes caught up when GM realized that Ford had a better idea of how to design a 2 passenger sports car. Of course, I believe that the '53 Studebaker Commander was the most beautiful car of the '50's and beyond. And, yes, I own one.
                        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
                        Pictures at https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection and https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

It is interesting to me to read in one of my 50's car books that Thunderbirds outsold Corvettes by a wide margin in '55 through '57. Corvettes caught up when GM realized that Ford had a better idea of how to design a 2 passenger sports car. Of course, I believe that the '53 Studebaker Commander was the most beautiful car of the '50's and beyond. And, yes, I own one.
                          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
                          Pictures at https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection and https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

HMMMM that's true, however in 58 ford's great Thunderbird went to a 4 seater "square Bird" I have one of those!

Studebakers forever!
                            Studebakers forever!

Comment

HMMMM that's true, however in 58 ford's great Thunderbird went to a 4 seater "square Bird" I have one of those!

Studebakers forever!
                              Studebakers forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X