Workin' on 'The Black Car'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sweat Matthew...
    I will continue to have fun with this hobby (no matter how long it takes)
    Just wanted to share my Stude work experience. Sure beats politics and nitpickin', eh?
    The garage queen comment/joke is kind of funny.
    I dragged that car to an SDC zone meet...without an engine...Just for fun.
    No worries... When it is ready, it'll come out and make some noise.
    BTW... Most of the changes done to this car have been safety changes..and they are also ECTA regulation changes.
    Read between the lines with that one...
    Jeff

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    <snip>
    Jeff, it's obvious you are enjoying your project. Thanks for taking the time to share! Some of us aren't able to build our own cars, so it's nice to follow along as others do.
    Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 06-09-2013, 05:37 AM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thought you'd like that article Neil.
      How did you like the way they restored the monument and fixed up the base?
      Mighty fine looking!
      Jeff

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
      LOOKIN'GOOD Jeff! Josh and I were in your neighbor hood Fri-Sat for the SCV Reunuion. We had hoped to get a break and drop in on you,but we were elected as delegates from our Camp,and were kept busy until we were ready to go HOME! Thanks for the newspaper article. NT

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

They did a great job! We drove by and checked it out on the way home. We voted to erect a new monument in Winterville Ga. But the new ones are not as impressive as the old ones.
        Neil Thornton

Comment

'Tiss "The Black Car" until you paint it different!

Comment

Nice work as usual.

With all you do, progress is darn good. Heck!!! I'm retired and having trouble making progress.

Building a car is like cutting fire wood, it warms you twice, the building and the driving.

The fabrication threads on the forum, are in my mind, one of it's best legacies. They leave a wealth of ideas and methodology that will help future owners and I don't know where else they could be logged for the future. (Well - Racing Studes possibly) but this is the most attended of the brand specific forums.

OOOPS! Forgot to credit Bob Johnstone's site, but it seem a lot of folks just don't care to search for answers.

Keep fabing and posting, Bob
            Last edited by sweetolbob; 06-09-2013, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              Just wanted to share my Stude work experience. Sure beats politics and nitpickin', eh?
              Roger that!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Here's my low tech fab job from this morning.
                High tech cardboard, duct tape, and carton tape door panel!
                Color matched, to boot!
                (actually, it's a template for the new interior door skins, but I don't have any aluminum for it)...
                Jeff

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                Nice work as usual.
                <snip>
                Keep fab'ing and posting, Bob

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  How are your Stude projects coming? <g> Maybe Jeff's final goal isn't really the final goal. Maybe his goal is to enjoy the build, and enjoy the camaraderie of sharing it.

Jeff, it's obvious you are enjoying your project. Thanks for taking the time to share! Some of us aren't able to build our own cars, so it's nice to follow along as others do.
                  Don't worry, Matt, I've still got Studes that see progress. I back-burnered them for something I want to do more right now. I don't bother posting updates here, like who bought the green '60 Lark, or the floor repair in the Wagonaire, or the unsticking of the Daytona engine, because I'm busy with stuff that's currently bigger in my life. How are YOUR Stude projects coming? <g>

I drifted away from this forum, like you. Too often, my life doesn't line up with the pace- or the attitudes- from some here.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

DEEPINHOCK! ....just wondering if the Carb I sent You is working on Your Zip Van? I just got a box of NOS smalls including a few real nice Horn buttons. Let Me know if You have a need for anything for the zip as I have a buddy on One of the islands near Me that's going to send One to the scrapper() It is a smaller wheelbase than most I've seen. Have a fine day!
                    Patrick Sammon

Comment

Does your friend's Zip Van have a good drivers door latch handle setup?
                      Any hub caps? (I don't know if the hubcaps are Zip Van specific, or not..)..
                      A horn button would be great!
                      Thanks for thinkin' of me.
                      Jeff
                      PS: The carb is over at the carb rebuilder, getting retrofitted to the Stude throttle shaft.....

Originally posted by effiedude View Post
                      DEEPINHOCK! ....just wondering if the Carb I sent You is working on Your Zip Van? I just got a box of NOS smalls including a few real nice Horn buttons. Let Me know if You have a need for anything for the zip as I have a buddy on One of the islands near Me that's going to send One to the scrapper() It is a smaller wheelbase than most I've seen. Have a fine day!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X