• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip Van operator's manuals $4 each shipped

Pretty cool for the price. Not sure if this link will work

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=121123381037
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for the information Bob. I bought one!
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

me too.........
      61 lark cruiser
      64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

I only posted after I made sure my order of two was confirmed
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.
          I snagged one, too.
          Jeff
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Well, I just hit the button and will have one on the shelf also. Thanks Bob.

Comment

Bob A. has it labeled correctly as an Operator's Manual. The seller calls it an Owner's Manual, which it isn't. Zip Vans were sold by Studebaker to the USPS. The drivers/operators did not own the Zip Vans. Also, these manuals would not have been from dealer stock. Dealers did not sell Zip Vans to the public. He probably bought them up from S S or N&A back when the leftovers were one dollar each. With that said, I think that they are still a good buy at $4 shipped for someone with an interest in Zip Vans.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Bob A. has it labeled correctly as an Operator's Manual. The seller calls it an Owner's Manual, which it isn't. Zip Vans were sold by Studebaker to the USPS. The drivers/operators did not own the Zip Vans. Also, these manuals would not have been from dealer stock. Dealers did not sell Zip Vans to the public. He probably bought them up from S S or N&A back when the leftovers were one dollar each. With that said, I think that they are still a good buy at $4 shipped for someone with an interest in Zip Vans.
                Agreed, I bought one some 30+ years ago at an International Meet for something like $1.00. I did think it was somewhat unusual to see one since they were never sold to the public.

Craig

Comment

I'm too late. I guess they are all gone.
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Just for the record, I received mine today. It's a little thing, only 15 pages, but very, very cool. The seller spent $.86 in postage plus envelope, so he barely got three dollars a piece for them. One of the best deals I've gotten in a while!

I note that the seller had 15 of them and sold them all. Maybe he has more and just does a run of 15 at a time. If I see any more come up for sale, I will definitely post here.
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Received my, too.
                      Had some weather damage to the cover that did not look recent.
                      NOS?
                      Nice piece, for sure!
                      Jeff
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

this frameable little item is cooler than the other side of the pillow!
                        61 lark cruiser
                        64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                          Received my, too.
                          Had some weather damage to the cover that did not look recent.
                          NOS?
                          Nice piece, for sure!
                          Jeff
                          Mine both look NOS, although maybe stored in less-than-ideal conditions. I saw in the listing that the staples were rusted, and mine are. Still very neat. The old-timey picture of the dash was worth the price alone
                          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                            As the seller,
                            I'm glad to hear so many of you are happy with your piece of Zip Van history. I'd like to fill in some of the blanks regarding the posting that Studegary left, not as a defense (i'm not offended) but as an explination.

The reason that I listed the Operators Guide as an "Owners Manual" was that when people search for items like this they do not search "Operators Manual" they seach "owners manual" I thought it would help increase traffic to looking at the item. Truth be told, just about all studebaker manuals say "Operator Manual" but again no one puts in a search for "operator manual".

Comment

That explains your description. Good idea, I never would have thought of that. Personally, I have an alert set for 'Studebaker Zip Van', so that made your listing pop up for me. Great timing too, I was looking for Zip Van literature. And, your price was certainly more than fair.

Thanks for helping me get one of these, and for shipping it so quickly. If you have any more, I know a few people that would like to get one.
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X