Looking for a parts car (C/K)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a parts car (C/K)

Hey I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do something stupid and buy a disasembled 53 starlight coupe, my ideal plan is to through in 289/4 speed in this baby, on top of that I'll end up needing better brakes too, and alot of other things. I also want a gt hawk style interior doesn't need to be perfect, but at least decent door panels, recoverable seats, ect. So I'm hunting for a GT Hawk parts car preferably with a four speed, an early hawk parts car would also do. I love Black/white interiors, or just black, but color won't stop me if it's right otherwise. I'm hunting on the cheap but it's for a parts car anyway. I'm in Sioux City IA but if it's cheap enough I'll ship it. The four speed is a plus but I'd take anything. Tell me what you got. I'd even consider a lark with the right drivetrain, but that would have to cheap or really close. PM me or email me at GTHawkwindR5@aol.com or just post it here, Don't really care how you tell me.

There's a GT Hawk 289 w/4spd chassis and others on the swap page this month- www.studebakerswap.com
    JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
      There's a GT Hawk 289 w/4spd chassis and others on the swap page this month- www.studebakerswap.com
      JS
      He has the chassis, interior, gt hawk body(repairble), 53 body(rough), all the trim from both cars, extra sheet metal, and some more. 3500 for it all. I thought offer him 2k for the gt hawk chassis and interior, but he won't sell separetly. Anybody want to go in on a parts lot with me?

Comment

The Stude 289/four speed combo installed into a '53-'54 C/K is traditionally a nice swap....Good Luck on this! (It's too bad that four speed parts cars have gotten quite pricey lately)

Comment

I have offered you so many cars , I don't think you will ever buy one, took pictures to day of a 63 GT I have but figure Iam wasting my time with you, good luck if you buy the that 53 with your funds.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
            I have offered you so many cars , I don't think you will ever buy one, took pictures to day of a 63 GT I have but figure Iam wasting my time with you, good luck if you buy the that 53 with your funds.
            Bob Your 28 hours away! If you weren't so far away I would have probably bought a car from you. I've talked to you over the phone, talked to you up here, I really don't know where this is coming from. I talk you up to any new members, I planned on buying parts from you. I know this starlight is going be a lot more long term, but money over time is easier to do than than large funds up front. I spotted a rust car within 45 minutes of me so I figured I'd jump on it. I really don't know how this could have caused any hard feelings between us. I would actually like to see those pics if you would email them to me tonight.

Comment

If you lost my email it's GTHawkwindR5@aol.com

Comment

Don't discount parts cars of other model types as all of the drive train and suspension parts will interchange with your C/K car. Then remaining parts that you don't need can be offered for sale to offset your purchase. Another advantage is 4 door or other less popular cars can often be had for less money than the coupes.
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                X