X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bittersweet day in Douglasville today

I sold Frosty.

[/URL]

He's a good Studey. I enjoyed the year and a half it took to bring him back to life and OcrappyOne and I have enjoyed viewing the world through his windshield for the past year and half. We logged almost 10,000 trouble free (nearly) miles on him in that time, but it's time for another family to love and enjoy him.

Maybe now I'll find the time to work on Leo. He hasn't been touched in over a year.

[/URL]
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Well, I know you wanted to sell and you enjoyed it a while. I like the theme. Really nice. Here's where I inspected and approved it.

Good luck on Leo

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
      Well, I know you wanted to sell and you enjoyed it a while. I like the theme. Really nice. Here's where I inspected and approved it.

Good luck on Leo
      Thanks Tex. It was nice of you to give your nod of approval at our Lineville meet.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Jerry, did you sell it through e-bay or that dealership where it was consigned or ??? Just curious. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Jerry, It is always hard to let a family member go, but sometimes that's the best thing. Was very happy to see you and Frosty at the IM last year. I recognized him instantly. Now we all get to watch your progress on Leo!

Last edited by Pat Dilling; 06-05-2013, 10:00 PM.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Nice Chrome!!
            Mark Riesch
            New Bern, NC

Comment

Frosty has been my desktop wallpaper for the last several months. Trying to convince myself on that color combination. It is working.
              Rob in ND
              \'53 Commander resto-mod (work in process)

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Jerry, did you sell it through e-bay or that dealership where it was consigned or ??? Just curious. BP
                Frosty was sold by Streetside Classics on consignment. After I first finished him and went to a few cruise-in's and shows in the summer of 2011, I put him in their hands from the first of December to the first March 2012. They charged $150 up front for the three month contract. Not a bad deal for anyone that wants climate controlled storage for their car during the winter. They asked me how much I wanted, they checked the selling prices of other Studes sold across the USA and agreed they would be able to make a few dollars on the deal. When I picked Frosty up on the first of March 2012, they asked me if I wanted them to keep him on their website for no additional fees. I agreed. They had gotten quite a few calls about him and had him sold once late last year but the guy's money didn't materialize. They called me last Friday and said they had a serious buyer, the contract was emailed to him and he was on the way to the bank to wire the money. Then they called early yesterday morning and said everything is ready, bring Frosty to them and pick up my check. A smooth transaction, everything went like clockwork. Streetside Classics is a class 'A', number one operation and I highly recommend them to anyone wanting to sell their car or truck. I wont say how much I sold Frosty for (but I am HAPPY) and I don't know how much they sold him for (I didn't ask). And it helps when their Atlanta facility is only 4 miles from my shop.

Now, to get to work on Leo. He probably will NOT be for sell, I intend to drive him forever and a day (same for the 500 Caddy powered '53 Cp. known as the Studelac) (if I ever get him finished).

The Studelac.
                [/URL]

I guess I need to change my sig. pic.
                Jerry Forrester
                Forrester's Chrome
                Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by 53hardtop View Post
                  Frosty has been my desktop wallpaper for the last several months. Trying to convince myself on that color combination. It is working.
                  The original colors were Alpena Blue lower and Windsor Blue upper. I stayed with the Alpena Blue bottom but went with GM code 12 White for the top, here in Georgia, cars are a lot more comfortable with a light colored top.

The sticker that was on the bottom of frosty's glove box when I first acquired him. He got a new glove box but I cut out the old glove box around the lable and glued it to the bottom of the new one.
                  [/URL]
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Working...
                  X