1942 commander skyway land crusier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 commander skyway land crusier

I'm trying to find a picture of the dash oo a 42 commander skyway land crusier. I want to see what the dash looks like around the gauges and the glove box. It looks to me like a brushed gold maybe.
    Any info would be a great help.
    Thanks
    Geomac

Here it is...

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Smart looking dashboard!!!!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks alot Swifster that helps . Do you know where I can find the glove box and gauge panel.

Comment

There was a '42 Commander that showed up at the last La Palma meet I attended. Really nice older couple owned it and had driven it from either AZ or NV - I can't remember now. Anyways, the guy insisted I sit in it, and what really struck me was how much plastic was used on the dash! Blew me away. I figured trying to restore one would be a real challenge. The 41 - 42 Commanders and Presidents were some mighty classy autos!
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have no idea. Maybe a salvage yard somewhere. I'd love a '41...
            Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I bought a '63 Champ from a fellow 8-10 years ago who had a '42 Skyway tucked away in the back of his garage. Claimed the straight 8 ran so quietly you could not hear it. He had 3 NOS fenders with it and I think was asking $4500 for it. Probably should have brought it home.
              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

'42 President that was at NE Zone meet in Gettysburg in 2011 - almost took your breath away...

Comment

I think the '41 & '42 cars were the best looking cars Studebaker ever produced. The '53-'55 are a close 2nd. Those early cars looked like a mini Cadillac. Very elegant cars.
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

1942 and 1946 President Skyway's have always been some of my top favorites. Actually just about any Studebaker from about 1930 to 1946, I just like that general body style. I know when I drive my '40 it just has a different "feel" than that of any other Studebaker, and I don't mean because a piece of rusty metal is stabbing me while driving... About a year after buying my car I got to go for a short ride in an original, unrestored 1942 President Skyway. Those cars are so smooth, and quiet. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Oh, great. Now there's yet another Studebaker I want.
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I have had two opportunities to buy one of these. Both were '41. One was a President that was formerly owned by a U.S. Senator from Washington State, the other was a Champion that passed through one of our chapter members. He re-sold it before I had a chance to figure out how I could pay for it.
                        They are sweet and I love watching them drive down the road. I have not had the pleasure of riding in one yet but after the above descriptions I am itching too.
                        Ed Sallia
                        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          Oh, great. Now there's yet another Studebaker I want.

So shallow...I'd love having it simply for that steering wheel. Probably be more of a distraction to me driving it than texting on a cell phone though.

Comment

Quite a few years ago, I had the opportunity to buy a '41 Commander Land Cruiser. It had been put away in the 70s and the engine had locked up. But every bit of it was there and truly free of any rust. I thought the $1500 price tag was too much.
                            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The car shown below is back on ebay with an opening bid of $6,500. It just went off ebay on June 5 with a no-sale at $6,900. I'm anxious to see what it does this time. I already have a '41 Commander and a Champion, but, if it stays around that price, it would cost far less than what it would take to restore mine to that condition. The ad says Champion, but the car is really a Commander.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1941-...orcev4exp=true
                              Last edited by Sam Ensley; 06-06-2013, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X