X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best former dealership building?

What a great building.

http://www.scoutingny.com/?p=802

Makes you ask---Where did we go wrong? Beautiful Building...

Comment

They certainly built things to last back then.......Beautiful!

Comment

The design details of the building reminds me of a castle, very interesting and good looking structure.
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

I can almost imagine an almost totally glass front where the 2 stories worth of newer windows are. It is a nice building. The renovation kinda reminds me of a restomodification. Your building, your money.have it your way. Would also have liked to see it in it's former glory. thanks for sharing. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
            I can almost imagine an almost totally glass front where the 2 stories worth of newer windows are. It is a nice building. The renovation kinda reminds me of a restomodification. Your building, your money.have it your way. Would also have liked to see it in it's former glory. thanks for sharing. jimmijim
            I believe you are exactly correct about the windows. I was just getting ready to comment on that. We have a small building here in Lafayette which is also white terra cotta and has similar elfish gargoylish characters adorning the front.
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Classic detail and design as the building was made to last. I wonder who made the decision to restore rather than destroy the building. I see a coffee-table book in the future of all the "Studebaker" buildings and dealerships still standing. Thank you for sharing.
              Curt Devan
              Kirksville, MO

Editor, Mid Missouri Chapter Newsletter "Studie News"
              sigpic

Comment

We need a model of that building on our model railroad here at the school. Much more impressive than the one we currently have.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	P1011228.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1680210
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

When I worked in Brooklyn for six years, I drove past that building twice a day!!! Beautiful is the word!!!
                  1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Want to see several Stude buildings?

http://www.agilitynut.com/showrooms/stude.html
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                    X