No announcement yet.

I spy an with my little eye an R1 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was 30 miles I'd just go there its 450 miles. Still worth bothering the owner about though. Anyone in sturgis?

Comment

If the $500 price includes both the Cruiser and the Wagonair and their engines, then I think it's a hell of a good deal.

Comment

I'm guessing the body tag on the Cruiser might tell a story too.
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
          I'm guessing the body tag on the Cruiser might tell a story too.
          Yes, the story of what Studebaker installed forty-eight years ago. In my experience, that will not be indicative of what any of those engines actually are today. Even the block serial numbers aren't to be considered as an absolute indicator. I'm still PO'd about hauling a 289" engine three hundred miles to find a 259" crank in there. jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Looking at the engine on the frame, it looks as if it is not a full flow block either. Full flows had extra webbing around the outside of the freezplug holes.

The green garage engine was a PS engine from the Stud upper left water manifold and the dual pulleys.

But a guy who likes Studies and Boxers can't be all that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by M15 Trucker View Post
              If the $500 price includes both the Cruiser and the Wagonair and their engines, then I think it's a hell of a good deal.
              I have a couple of Studebaker cars and parts. These have been sitting for many years. V8 engines, automatic and manual transmission. Cars have been vandalized with broken glass. We can load with forks onto a trailer. Don't know what's good or not but $500 for everything. Outside of Sturgis. 605-Eight Nine Zero-One Two Three Zero
              From the actual CraisgList ad.
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
                From the actual CraisgList ad.

Contacted him..

The engine numbers are:
                PI04383 and V572I62 (Garage). Both 2bbl..

Comment

Did I miss the Cruiser trim on the 'Cruiser' ? Rob in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                    Contacted him..

The engine numbers are:
                    PI04383 and V572I62 (Garage). Both 2bbl..
                    Originally posted by craigslist 3818207645
                    Please feel free to share the info. My folks used to belong to the Studebaker Club and helped with many meets. I don't know if I still have the stacks of Turning Wheels magazines. Dad's name was Preston 'Buster' Hill and Mom's was Mable.

He sold Studebaker in the 1960's as a sideline to his farm implement dealership, Preston Hill Sales in Belle Fourche, South Dakota, which was primarily John Deere. I do not know of any dealership memorabilia that he had. I think I remember a photo of an Avanti and a couple other Studebakers lined up in front of the Studebaker sign on his building but have no idea where it is now. I do remember Dad was proud to bring the first Avanti into the State.

Dad restored many Studebakers (hired the work done by pros as he was not much of a mechanic or body man himself) and was probably most active in the '80's and '90,s. The items I put on Craigslist were some of what he had stored on land I own. I suppose he figured on restoring them or using them for parts. I have had request for certain parts but I really just want to sell the whole works as one lot. Being very familiar with car restoration, I think someone would be able to take all the stuff, use what they need and make a little money on the extras. I don't really care about the money potential - just hope someone can put the parts to good use.

Thank you for your information and interest.

Brent Hill
                    Anyone need 2 engines and some parts?

Comment

Working...
                    X