Studebaker Before / After pic .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Before / After pic .

Yup , I know you`ve seen this pic before .........

sad display of "improvements"

Comment

Agree with above, one more place I'm happy I'm not living near by... just makes my sad.

Comment

It's Fresno, California, by the way.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Absolutely glad i dont live there also

Comment

There's NO Utopia. I'm 40 miles south of Fresno, and while I can grump about things with the best of them, I love never having to use mosquito repellant - I like the low humidity too. I hate gophers - I dislike strings of triple digit days - I loathe the politics in this part of the state. I can (and do) have all the ju.... er, previously owned stuff I want. Good and bad everywhere. BTW, I've stood where that Slavich Bros. sign was. Sad, but so's the loss of phone booths too. Only us sentimental old farts spend much time lookin' back.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah, I sure look back, memory is a thing that kinda keeps hangin' on...

Comment

I guess we could look at the positive side of this:
                1. There are trees planted along the street.
                2. The power line are underground.
                3. The crosswalks have activation boxes for those wishing to cross the street.
                4. The traffic signal have detectors for emergency vehicles.
                5. There is more effective street lighting.
                6. There appears to be no parking allowed on the street (not sure if that is good - or bad).

I'd be curious to know what happened to the buildings on the right side of the picture. Studebaker, Packard, Willys, Chrysler, Plymouth, Hillman, Sunbeam and Jaguar are the visible manufactures. Only Chrysler and Jaguar are still in business. And I'm wondering if the the Chrysler/Plymouth dealer only sold Plymouth's.
                '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I see on the far end of the Leach Building a verticle sign stating "IMPERIAL". They must have carried Chryslers as well. That intersection in Fresno was the home to all my favorites!

Comment

Interesting...Jaguar (along with Land Rover) is the only new car brand still being sold downtown--everything else moved north decades ago.

BTW: That's a LARK billboard on the left partly obscured by the lampost.

Slavich Bros. survived a few more decades selling Mercedes-Benz. Not exactly sure where my Tex Hodge dealership frame fits in. I THINK Slavich Bros. sold Studebaker until the end.
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Interesting that they are touting the new '61 Larks but the painted sign on the building still shows Packard which had not produced a vehicle in several years.
                      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                      X