New Hawk in the Flock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hawk in the Flock

After a 1600 mile round trip, I finally got my new one home late last night. Some photos:

Craig

Wow! A Pumped 64 Super and Red to boot. RARE
    Congratulations!
    Auto or 4?
    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
    sigpic
    Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
    in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

WOW nice car...
      Where did you find that one?
      Love my Lark

Comment

It's no Lark, but I guess a red, full package Superhawk would be ok........
        Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Nice score Craig! Inquiring minds want to know, where did you find her?

Allen
          1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
          PSMCDR 2013
          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Last time I laid eyes on a JTSC serial# was in a junkyard in Los Angeles in the 90s - in a white Wagonaire. What was left of it has probably gone to China and back a time or two.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

What a score! A Canadian R-2 is got to be like a palm tree on the north pole. Grille & gold G.T. emblems make it look like a 63 so then the question is package car or not?
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Congrats, Craig; I know it has been some time coming. A Hamilton-built R2 Hawk is one rare bird. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Congrats, Craig; I know it has been some time coming. A Hamilton-built R2 Hawk is one rare bird. BP
                  Does the 1963 JT production summary exclude Canadian built cars?

Nick

Comment

Thanks, all! Indeed, it is a Hamilton-assembled car, and was sold new in Winnipeg, Mantoba, and it never ventured farther than Stonewall, a small town just north of Winnipeg where I picked it up. It is definitely not a full-package car as it was assembled 'too early', but it is a 4-speed. There is more information on Hamilton R2 Hawks, and the build sheet which I posted earlier here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...R2-Hawks/page2

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                      Last time I laid eyes on a JTSC serial# was in a junkyard in Los Angeles in the 90s - in a white Wagonaire. What was left of it has probably gone to China and back a time or two.
                      I wonder if that came from the Green Mist '63 R2 GT that Frank Loucks in British Columbia parted out several years ago. Did you record the engine number by chance?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
                        Does the 1963 JT production summary exclude Canadian built cars? Nick
                        No...............(periods added to meet minimum post requirement!) BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Rare Bird......Good Save!!!!!!

Comment

Craig, other than the color change & the "missing engine" which this car has, does it have everything else that the production order called for? I'm wondering if the engine block heater is on JTSC 1116 as it was on 1107 when built. I am so excited for you to find such a rare car!!!!!!
                            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                            64 Zip Van
                            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

She looks a little better than mine did when I brought her home. Nice find and congrats on saving such a rare car.
                              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                              X