Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is a 1984 Avanti II that might be slipping thru the cracks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that obscure, unknown Website killed any chance of the family getting a fair price for that beautiful '84 Avanti Touring Coupe.
    I am glad a SDC Member and Forum member got it however.

UPDATE: But then again, if it were on eBay some Millionaire would have bid it up to $20,000.00 and put it in his "Private Collection" or a overseas buyer would have bought it for the "Cool" and "Rare" factor, and it would never see the road again and or we would never see it again.
    Sometimes things go a "different way" for a reason!

Hey Gary L. didn't you own a few of these Avanti II's and know if I remember right, by 1984 weren't these up to about $60,000.00 New?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-17-2013, 02:08 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Yep, that obscure, unknown Website killed any chance of the family getting a fair price for that beautiful '84 Avanti Touring Coupe.
      I am glad a SDC Member and Forum member got it however.

Hey Gary L. didn't you own a few of these Avanti II's and know if I remember right, by 1984 weren't these up to about $60,000.00 New?
      I agree that the sales method really limited the exposure and price achieved. Of course that is good for the buyer.

Avantis were NOT up to $60K by 1984. The base price of a 1984 Avanti coupe was $31,860 and that was up $6865 from 1983. Of course, the Touring Coupe was a little more. Keep in mind that $32K was a lot of money in 1984 dollars. My 1987 Avanti coupe was $33K new. The 1987 LSC Avanti was $55,900 (that IS about $60K) and a 1991 convertible Avanti was $53,664.
      Also, these were Avantis, NOT "Avanti II"s.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
      X