Happy Studeversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Studeversary

A year ago today, I bought my first running Studebaker, the '63 Lark in my profile. Here's what it looked like a year ago:

And here she is today:

Subtle changes, but mostly for the good. I got new thin whites, custom plates, and the radio antenna vanished. It's aged pretty well.

And of course, I bought an anniversary present :

(Note: if these images show up enormous, let me know and I'll try to fix it!)
    Attached Files
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

That is a very nice lookin Stude !

Comment

How romantic So you two doin' anything special to celebrate maybe a car show or something?

Comment

I hope so! The wind's a howlin and I hear thunder in the distance. If the weather channel's website is correct, we'll have a terrific storm overnight, "workable" conditions from about 7am until noon, and then everything goes downhill fast from there. I hate to shatter my own dreams, but I don't know if tomorrow's car show will happen for long, if at all.

I did take it to the Coffee Cruise, a weekly show-n-shine this morning. It's a lot of fun, but I had to keep goin' over to the Lark to give her pep-talks. She's a pretty driver, but she's definitely a driver, and there were some sharp cars there. There was this beautiful, perfectly restored '50 Hudson Hornet there today. It was stunning. There were a pair of Ford GT's there, both of which were parked only a couple spaces away from the Lark, on either side. I told my three year old that you could trade just one of those two cars in for a whole house, but I still liked the Lark better, because it's the only Studebaker there.

Which reminds me - all you Omaha guys: we've got to represent at that show sometime. Let's get a couple "real" Stude show quality cars. My homely little Lark was still turning a few heads, even in that half-a-million-dollar car sandwich between the Ford GT's. A clean Avanti or a nice Hawk would really get their attention.

Comment

If the weather gets too hairy to do the show are you guys gonna try again next weekend or is that not an option?

Comment

To my knowledge, in the past they've done it "rain or shine" with no rain date planned. Of course, if we do get rained out this week, next Saturday morning I know for a fact a bunch of Studebakers will convene at the Village Inn restaurant in Council Bluffs Iowa at about 8:00am while their owners go inside and eat breakfast.

Comment

I was wondering since I can't make this one, are there gonna be any other good shows for your chapter coming up some time soon I could hit.

Comment

During the nice weather months, if you come to any of our monthly chapter meets on the third Sundays of every month, you get a bit of an informal car show there. Every second and fourth Saturday from about 7:30 to 9:30 we have a Studebaker breakfast, as I mentioned above, and you'll see 3-6 cars there, depending on who shows up. I think our next "big" event is our picnic at the end of the summer. Last year we had a great turnout, and lots of cars. Our current chapter president has a large shop on his property, and the whole family are a bunch of car guys, so they roll out some neat stuff. (Not just Studes, they have all sorts of stuff.)

With my work schedule I haven't had as much free time as I'd like to jump into the club and get involved as deeply as I'd like, so I've been slow to integrate myself into more than the basic ongoings. I'm thinking now that I've had a year and some change to get used to the way things run in the club, I'm going to try and assist more, and maybe take some initiative to run a show or project next year. That being said, the stuff mentioned above is really a great time to get to know other Stude enthusiasts. If you can make it to any of them, you're more than welcome!

Comment

At least go out for breakfast and take the car with you.
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                  X