1950 Commander v. Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studegary View Post
    The weights between the 1950 Commander and Buick might not be similar, but the base pricing was. A 1950 Commander DeLuxe two door sedan $1902 and a 1950 Buick Special two door sedan $1856.
    Okay, I see, I guess in that way, they would be similar. Reminds me though, when I first got the car and had to replace the worn out tires, the guy there was concerned that the radials I was interested in would not be up to the task of supporting the car's weight. I told him the car only weighs about 3200 lbs. -- he couldn't believe it. These cars are quite visually imposing...
    sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
    Regal Deluxe Trim
    Automatic transmission
    46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Originally posted by deco_droid View Post
      Okay, I see, I guess in that way, they would be similar. Reminds me though, when I first got the car and had to replace the worn out tires, the guy there was concerned that the radials I was interested in would not be up to the task of supporting the car's weight. I told him the car only weighs about 3200 lbs. -- he couldn't believe it. These cars are quite visually imposing...
      I agree. I talk to people a lot who are surprised at how light my Commander is. They see all the metal and just assume it is a very heavy car.
      As for price, I would imagine that a $46 difference in price seemed like a lot more in 1950. That would have been several months groceries for a family of four. And if the price of the Champion was closer to the Buick, you might still go for the Buick to get all the features not present on the Champion.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
      X