'Nother Production order question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Nother Production order question

I do have the interior code #14 727A BLV but then there's a 2 after the BLV. Does that refer to something specific? Just wondering.

That could have something to do with the type of Seats that are called out on the order: Solid Bench, Split Bench, Reclining back Split Bench or Solid Bench bottom with reclining backs.
    Whatever it is, it is not significant, it's just saying (Black) BLUE Vinyl.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-02-2013, 01:07 PM. Reason: Corrected Color 05/02/2013 2:07 PDT
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      That could have something to do with the type of Seats that are called out on the order: Solid Bench, Split Bench, Reclining back Split Bench or Solid Bench bottom with reclining backs.
      Whatever it is, it is not significant, it's just saying Black Vinyl.
      Isn't that blue vinyl?
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Good question, was black vinyl bv and blue vinyl blv? The seats were blue. Were the split front reclining bench seats both reclining or just the drivers' side?
        I need to double check, but it appears I have only a drivers' side reclining seat and I assumed (I know) that reclining front seats would have been a pair.
        Just curious.

Comment

NO, I stand corrected, BKV is Black, BLV is Blue.

Again, the car must have been modified with parts from another Car, both Seats would match each other, except Headrests which were individually ordered, Left, Right or Both.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 05-02-2013, 09:08 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X